MotoGP » Ben Spies up to speed sooner in 2011

"If I'd been on this bike last year I don't think I'd have had so much of a problem in the first five laps" - Ben Spies

Filter Comments: All | Registered

SteveNG - Unregistered

February 28, 2011 10:54 AM

I think Ben's a real chance to beat Jorge this year. That's going to be one of the fascinating intra-team battles along with the competition within Repsol Honda.

G-Banger - Unregistered

February 28, 2011 11:06 AM

Don't know about beating Jorge overall but I think there will be some success there for Ben here and there.Glad to see them getting along and good to see they are part of a team now without the animosity.
Yes I agree the team battles are going to be fascinating right across the board in the major teams.

GSXR1000 - Unregistered

February 28, 2011 11:24 AM

I don't think Ben will beat Lorenzo..I would be pretty impressed if he does...I must say that I'm really enjoying my (RPHA-10)Ben Spies replica helmet @ 1200-grams, haven't even needed ear plugs for the race track!
Goes Spies & Stoner

fadil - Unregistered

February 28, 2011 11:30 AM

ben is a gd rider and can make good laptimes, and tbh it all comes down to how he behaves in the race,we all know its a different story on race day, wether u had good laptimes pre season or not, i dnt see ben wining any championship any ways, to many title contenders along with some crazy 250cc guys

21renagade - Unregistered

February 28, 2011 12:04 PM

Well, ill hold my hands up here. I for one, thought that Spies might still struggle in the early laps like he did last year. i didnt think the bike would help and thought it was purely a confidence issue, like spies did infact. But it seems myself and spies were wrong so fair play. Of course we are still yet to see this in the races, but hopefully for him, and his fans, he has it sorted now.

Don-R

February 28, 2011 12:41 PM

I think it'll be important to make the bridge to the leaders early this year, as there's likely to be a fairly frenetic scrap for positions outside the top 3. The Honda duo of Sic and Dovi are likely to have some bruising battles behind the leaders and Spies will want to be clear of that. Hanging with JL, Casey and Dani from the word go should be the mission this year.

FZ1 - Unregistered

February 28, 2011 12:46 PM

You guys needs to follow Spies as a rider. The guy wins championships. This year will come down to Stoner and Spies. Stoner will win races and bin it in others. Spies will win races and consistanly to be in the hunt. Lorenzo is toast.