MotoGP » Rossi, Hayden join fans at Ducati send-off party

Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden appear in front of 38,000 fans at 'Ducati MotoGP Night'.

Marshall Bowels - Unregistered

March 06, 2011 8:31 PM

"hail the new king"

wow you definately win the crown for the number of different names you are posting under in one thread!

You just KNOW that the Rossi hater's smug smiles faulter when they see 38,000 attended that event. You know what? Even if he finishes 10th this year, he will get the same amount in 2012. Why? because you haters think "Yellow tinted Rossi fans" etc only like him because he's been so successful. Nah, he's much more than that to motorcycle racing, but you hate him so you'll never understand.

P.S. The homophobic quip... even my 10 year old daughter could have come up with a cleverer quip than that!

Legend - Unregistered

March 06, 2011 8:57 PM

38,000...that's a pretty big crowd for a funeral! The only bigger one that I can remember was for the Pope.
...what is it with Italians and large funeral crowds?
The King is dead. Long live the King!

disbelief - Unregistered

March 06, 2011 9:27 PM

Bit early to be killing off Rossi. Heaven knows I am not a fan (in fact I am not a fan of anybody except racing) and I really think Rossi will be lucky to do well this year. I don't expect him to win at all this season and feel he may even struggle to podium without major engineering led redesigns, but I don't think he is finished either.

As for "The King is dead, long live the King", who is the new king? There are many candidates - supposing you are right.

Whatever - this is certainly a golden age for talent, whatever and whomever you support, enjoy how it pans out. Some will be proved right and some wrong. In the end its only racing, not war.

bender - Unregistered

March 06, 2011 11:13 PM

I make no bones about being a Rossi fan, but Ducati are going to look a bit silly if they dont perform, 38k people!! and it really is not looking that good, and I dont think Rossi is sandbagging either this time, you have to careful not to get caught up in your own spin.

scorpio46 - Unregistered

March 06, 2011 11:23 PM

Point taken eminusx, just seems there is more drivel than intelligence posted.
Just in case anyone out there thinks I am a fan boy having 46 in my tag, it is just coincidence, it represents my month and year of birth, My father took me to my 1st race meeting at the tender age of 10 (Olivers Mount) and have been hooked ever since.I have been privileged to witnessed all the great champions race from Geoff Duke to Loz and still in ore of their talent, long may they continue to entertain us.

RawDawg

March 06, 2011 11:28 PM

"You must have the same crystal ball as Rawdawg......."

Hey steve jackson

Next time you think to pull my name out of thin air on a thread I made no comment on to make a point that has nothting to do with me and replying to someone that's not me - don't. I've made no predictions on where Rossi or anyone will finish in November.

EDIT by CRASH.NET - for content

BambangBikeRider

March 07, 2011 2:12 AM

God! the hate in this site is so thick, you can cut it with a knife.

We, Rossi's fan know that he won't be racing forever (and we wouldn't want that either). I've been a fan for Rainey, Biaggi and Rossi. So, when Rossi decides to retire, I will definitely find another rider I like.

But at the moment, there's just no single sign that shows Rossi is done. It's simply that Stoner and Rossi have different approach and riding style. Stoner is naturally talented rider who can hop on a bike and ride very fast, while Rossi needs to make the bike to suit him. Nothing is wrong with either.

Maybe Stoner's approach shows result faster, but Rossi's approach will benefit the team in a longer term.

And that might be the fact that Ducati knows and you guys don't.

No Love - Unregistered

March 07, 2011 3:31 AM

Casey back to ducati ??? never happened...
Factory as well as sponsors will not allow it happens

Just remember... when casey was sick, none backed him up, and they offered jorge and dani more more more money than casey.

slammy - Unregistered

March 07, 2011 4:00 AM

Ducati didn't even make a play to keep Stoner. What does that tell you? You can be the fastest Guy on 2 wheels (Bubba Stewart) and if you rub people the wrong way you are out. Its that simple. Stoner was no longer welcome and they didn't care what he did on the bike.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »