MotoGP » British Eurosport to broadcast classic MotoGP races

British Eurosport is giving nostalgic MotoGP fans the chance to re-live some of the classic races by televising them again in 2011.

Doughnuts Anyone

March 09, 2011 11:47 AM

I love the idea and think it will be good to re-live some of the good old day. As for the BBC you just got to LOL at them coz they do it for F1 plus lots more over the race weekend but when it come to Motogp it's like forget it. That why I think their sh.t coz they don't give a sh.t about Motogp.

pp916 - Unregistered

March 09, 2011 12:00 PM

I bet they're only reruns of the 'Best Battle Bikes' (or whatever its called) series they've been running, & then re-running, for the past couple of months....great first time around but disappointing when its the same race shown for the 4th time.

But with a bit of luck and if they do the job properly they will have added a few more....here's hoping!

Locks46+91+38&35

March 09, 2011 12:04 PM

@ Doughnuts Anyone Right with you on that one man . I prefer to go cold turkey and wait for the Eurosport broadcast than watch the BBC . I cannot possibly describe how much i detest the BBC stealing my money every year and giving me a bucket of S... in return. I hope Eurosport continue to do what they have always done which is to bring bike sport to the bike fans.

mr_long - Unregistered

March 09, 2011 12:17 PM

Top idea. I remember they showed the 2005 Jerez GP before the start of the 2009 season and I thought it was a top idea then but unfortunately that seemed to be a one off.

The funny thing is I'll probably enjoy watching the old races more than the new ones

A 1

March 09, 2011 12:17 PM

I would love to do the cold turkey and wait for the Eurosport MotoGp. It won't happen because I HAVE TO WATCH it as it happens. Most of my friends watch the beeb as they are in the same boat and we have open phone to shout the relevent abuse at each other.

As for best of bikes, that was good to watch. 3 or 4 at the front fighting is just what we have today. The difference is that the grid places are in threes per row and not five. Backmarkers getting slayed by the dozen. If Julian and Toby did the commentry for them I would probably watch them again.

Who let Kevin Schwantz in the Macau Gp though?! Nice wheelies but even he didn't want to be given the winners tag either!!

A 1

March 09, 2011 12:25 PM

Sanjay, I don't think it was a classic race though. Casey does the same most years to win the Island by 10 secs and there's no real racing for the chequered flag. Leaning in on each other makes for classics.

Locks46+91+38&35

March 09, 2011 12:31 PM

@A1 Yeah i know what you guys are going through man . I have only had Sky for a few years so i had to subscribe to the Moto GP website and watch on my PC. The problem i have with the BBC is not so much the actual race coverage . Its the way they treat Motorcycle Sport in general. Last year we had British riders fill the podium on 4 occasions in WSB but the BBC didn't think it was worth a single mention. And its for that ignorance that i refuse to watch practically anything on the BBC. Can't wait for the flag to drop.

1 2 3 4  »