MotoGP » Rossi to help Bridgestone develop road tyres

Bridgestone teams up with Valentino Rossi as Tyre Development Adviser.

Southerner

March 16, 2011 3:33 PM

Old news !!! Bridgestone jumping on the Ducati marketing bandwagon. Next era Battleax carrying VR46 branding on the sidewall.
Next time I have to shod my old pre-Rossi Ducatis',
I'll use Michelin,Continental or Pirelli.
No front end tucks required thank you.

michelin man - Unregistered

March 16, 2011 3:49 PM

Perhaps he's hoping Bridgestone will give him special treatment the way Michelin did. Not that flying in all those 'Overnight Specials' for Rossi did Michelin any good in the long run!
so much for loyalty...

mah - Unregistered

March 16, 2011 3:58 PM

@ southerner

No Bridgestone because they're using Vale for marketing and "pre-Rossi" Ducati because now Rossi is on a Ducati?

Jesus, you're sad..

Southerner

March 16, 2011 4:45 PM

@ mah.Nothing sad about it.For the past 35 years,we Ducati riders lived,rode and raced on the fringe.
We were Ducatista,not Popularista.
Polen,Foggy,Bayliss,Capirex and Stoner gave us a reason to believe.
In all fairness I only speak fo myself.
I protested vehemently against the shoddy treatment Stoner got.Anyway its SBK/GP history.
Ducati wished for it and they have it.
As for Bridgestone...Run with it 'cos I aint buying it.

mah - Unregistered

March 16, 2011 4:51 PM

@Southerner
I partly -partly- understand your point, but I don't agree at all, especially on having now to make a big red "X" on everything has to do with Vale and with the Duc.

What's all the hate with Vale? He's given so much to the two wheels!
Polen, Foggy, Bayliss... Come on, let's be real, do you really think Vale is less worhty, less fighty and less competitive than these guys? REALLY?

By the way, are you Italian?

some1 - Unregistered

March 16, 2011 4:54 PM

The best BS tire tester in the world is Shinichi Itoh. BS should get advice from this guy rather from Rossi. Why Michelin not in the MotoGP now? Because of Itoh's best works.

Twissta

March 16, 2011 5:33 PM

It's a shame that grown folks cannot act like adults. Rossi has given so much to this sport, can he help it if his management team are brilliant in terms of branding, marketing and helping create "Rossi World" at the same time proven time in, time out that he is one of the greatest off all time. like Muhammad Ali, Tiger woods etc... sit back and enjoy the season no matter how it turns out...One question to all the haters "Can you ride a gp bike to it's max" if not hold your tongue, because you have no right to criticize.I know I am going to get allot of flack for this posting but I for one am tired of hearing the bashing in a derogatory manner no matter what he is still getting paid numbers you only wish for!

1 2  »