MotoGP » Stoner sandblasts rivals on Qatar Honda debut

Casey Stoner wins on his Repsol Honda debut at the Qatar MotoGP - Jorge Lorenzo demotes Dani Pedrosa to third.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

hoppy

March 20, 2011 8:37 PM

I must admit that when i saw Dani come past Casey i figured he would romp off into the distance but it seems that Casey ws quite happy to stay behind him till he thought he moment was right then pulled the pin and off he went.Looks like Casey has learned to reel himself in a tad during the opening laps instead of going off like a rocket from the word go.This will benefit him in the long run this season.When you look at his crashes last year they were all in the opening laps.

finally:) - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 8:41 PM

Good race, honda's looked dominating, stoner rode great. Jerez will be interesting when the playing field is leveled a bit. Rossi can definitely hold his head up high battling with a guy or most of us have slated for podiums and possibly wins this year in spies, great race with more to come. Some of the concerns I had have been put aside, I have no doubt that he will be battling for podiums in a month or so. Lorenzo did the only thing he could, start hard and try to hold them off, good effort and he should be happy.
Just super stoked that the season is under way.

RickZeta - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 8:41 PM

I just won 6 cases beer by predicting Stoner 1st and Lorenzo a close 2nd!

Next time I'll bet with the naysayers here so I can open my own liquor store by the end of the year.

dillon - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 8:43 PM

Smash! Strange that rossi didn't feel the need to shake off his badly injured and stiff shoulder that was causing him to lose a second a lap.........

Friek - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 8:45 PM

Well well, Stoner won. Who would have thought that :rolleyes:
Only the first part of the race was reasonably interesting. For the rest there weren't a lot of exciting moments. I sincerely hope there will be more action in the following races..

Racing Fan - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 8:46 PM

In all honestly though guys, because I know I troll it up a little bit, I'm just glad the racing has started. Once Rossi is all healed up he will be battling with the honda's, yamaha's and sliding that duke all over the place. Strong track for Stoner and honda, interesting to see how the Yamaha's respond on some of the twistier tracks.

G-Banger - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 8:46 PM

This will give Casey great confidence going into Jerez and the battles there are shaping up well with the 2 Spaniards.
Hope Dani can get his physical issues sorted so we can have some descent scraps up the front all year.
Go Jorge love your work but come on drop the showpony stage shows please.
Stoner to win in Jerez,it will be tougher I think but he can do it no doubt.

1 2 3 4  »