MotoGP » Pedrosa title hopes in doubt after arm misery

“I couldn't grab the handlebar and in the last 7-8 laps I couldn't use the clutch… I feel sad because I don't know what the future will bring” – Dani Pedrosa.

proud_spaniard - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 11:16 PM

I don't doubt Pedrosa had trouble with his arm, but his times dropped from high -not mid- 55' to middle 56' BECAUSE HE WAS FIGHTING IT WITH LORENZO, WHOSE TIMES DROPPED SIMILARLY. Pedrosa can't blame his 3rd place on his arm alone. I tell you, the day this guy aknowledges some weakness or mistake on his side, I'll shave my head. It was a hard race. Lorenzo said after he passed Pedrosa the first time -the first time in mid-race- he considered pushing more to TRY to catch Stoner, but his arms were way too tired and also he almost downfell because he was pushing to close to the limit.

? - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 11:25 PM

While I don't like this guy, I hate that he's not healthy. It's no fun seeing anyone hurt. At least this time no one else is being blamed. Get well soon.

Eames - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 11:30 PM

I agree with the first comment....don't they practice race simulations in testing......hope the guy ain't injured but i sure think his ego is.....for sparta!

Darkwaknight

March 20, 2011 11:33 PM

sometimes the laptimes do not show the situation, you could see danni lost speed as he lost over a second in one lap to jorge, THIS spured Jorge on (who had 0% chance of catching stoner at ANY point in the race) danni looked unwell and genuinely scared in the post race interview of his situation. IF he does have further problems this could be nerve damage and carreer ending if so. I hope and pray that this is not the case and he continues further. Him and Casey were pushing each other so hard and Jorge did well to hang in (as i predicted). Well done Stoner and Danni and Jorge. Good race for Simon and Cal not so great for ben and rossi although ironicly they gave us a good little tussle. Roll on jerez!!!!

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 11:33 PM

I don't doubt he has some fitness problems - he Hadn't done a long run / race simulation all pre-season because he lacked fitness.

I was surprised to hear the BBC commentary team saying it was the first time they could remember Pedrosa starting a season fit - because it has been widely reported that he is not fit.

A lot of the riders seem to be struggling with shoulder / arm injuries including Pedrosa, Crutchlow and Rossi to name just three.

Damo - Unregistered

March 20, 2011 11:43 PM

How long until Pedrosa does a press release telling us what percentage his arm is at, and how many tenths it's costing him per lap, especially in the right handers?

monster

March 21, 2011 12:06 AM

The reason the press has assumed Pedrosa (and Stoner) are at full fitness is the spotlight on Rossi's fitness.

In fact Pedrosa's broken collar bone with suspected (and now maybe real) nerve damage is far more serious than Rossi's rotator cuff issues.

Arm and wrist nerve damage stopped the careers of Doohan, Fogarty, Shwantz, Sarron and others, I really hope for the sake of MotoGP that this does not happen to Danny

JOHN - Unregistered

March 21, 2011 12:23 AM

Extremely worrying. The price in 2 wheel racing is high taking in injuries. What's more, even the best doctors just cannot wave a magic wand. I hope Dani gets better but we all have to be realistic..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »