MotoGP » Rossi: I’ll have to grit my teeth at Jerez

“We'll have to try and do better than we have until now” – Valentino Rossi.

BambangBikeRider

March 31, 2011 7:22 AM

Surprisingly Bozozuku made a very good point there.

I've heard Ducati's ready with the big buck to develop the bike, but all we see is the anti wheelie kit and the new front sub frame. Other than that, it's just Rossi and Hayden switching back and forth between original settings and new settings.

Really nothing compared to Honda's new gear box.

So, one can only speculate on where all the money will go (just in case somebody think it'll be Rossi's salary, it was paid by Marlboro)

max - Unregistered

March 31, 2011 7:29 AM

"Don't talk ****e",how many miles have you ridden hard on a moto gp bike? I wonder.

Rossi faces the biggest challenge of his career which is wining a title with the Duc and instead of cheering him up for this brave attempt,we' ve got wannabes who want to ternish his last challenge with obnoxious comments...Shame on you ...WHERE were you the last ten years?
It is like saying that Jimi Hendrix should have stuck to Fender and never try a Gibson...Just enjoy the music if you can't play it....

DontTalkShite

March 31, 2011 7:55 AM

@max, I think you need to re read my comments. Everyone in this sport carries injuries. I don't hear Pedrosa referring to his injuries in every interview. I don't recall Stoner referring to his illness every chance he had last year. If you are familliar with my other post, you will know I quite like Rossi, and respect what he has achieved. I just want him to get on with it. Show us the 'champion' that he is. However, I have my reservations of the extent of his injury. Someone else posted that it was strange that Rossi got faster as the race went on however Pedrossa got slower. Both with shoulder injuries! Is Rossi covering something up? Is he being too much the proud Italian? Is he paid to not deride or bag the Ducati? All a bit smelly. So man up Rossi and ride the blo@dy thing!

sleepy - Unregistered

March 31, 2011 7:59 AM

@LOL I am not really sure what you are trying to say. If it is Rossi went to Ducati for the money then you would have to think either:

1. His ego suggests he can ride the bike better than Stoner.
2. He no longer cares about winning and just wants $s

His best chance of winning races was staying with Yamaha, which meant Yamaha giving up Lorenzo who proved last year he can out pace Rossi

LOL - Unregistered

March 31, 2011 8:12 AM

@sleepy...
I'm just a little cynical abt ur post...(kidding)
Rossi will end his career at ducati, was obvious years ago. Even furusawa knew it, it's only WHEN. And in 2009, some rumours appeared, and strengthen by suppo left ducati, it's well known suppo doesn't get along with rossi.
It's not about your point 1 & 2. It's just an italian icon ride italy bike, or drive italy f1 car, that's why rossi and max had chances to drive ferrari.

sleepy - Unregistered

March 31, 2011 8:24 AM

@LOL there is certainly tons of hype around the Rossi Ducati marriage I agree (even I am excited). Do you think he would have stayed at Yamaha if they replaced Lorenzo with say Edwards? What about Ducati offering Lorenzo a ride in 2009? Stoner has stated this is what got him motivated for a move out of Ducati.

LOL - Unregistered

March 31, 2011 8:53 AM

@sleepy
If furusawa left, I believe rossi will not stay at yamaha even w/ edwards. Furusawa said, he asked rossi to retire w/ him as yamaha ambassador, but rossi chose another direction. Ducati not only talked to jorge also to dani, as many assumed ducati was under marlboro pressure since they were not happy with casey's decision not to race. And in every rider's last year contract, it's common they talk with other manufacture. Dani said he talked also w/ yamaha and said the only reason I re-signed w/ honda coz no room in yamaha.

LOL - Unregistered

March 31, 2011 9:05 AM

Even between rossi n casey/jorge looks no love, but in many interview rossi said, we can't deny the talent of dani,casey,jorge, and they are much much stronger than his rivals in the past. Then, for ben and sic as well.
For casey, I hope he will have a happy ride with honda. If I read some twits from toby moody, matts and others who know casey not only on tv, they said he's a nice person, but they understand why some sponsors or media dislike him. I hope in honda, who have dani, simoncelli to run their promo, casey will just ride as he likes to.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »