MotoGP » Dani Pedrosa to undergo surgery after Jerez

"We've had a lot of time searching for an answer to the effects of this injury and I'm relaxed because I finally know what has happened" - Dani Pedrosa.

HRC - Unregistered

March 31, 2011 3:20 PM

I've read Dani is not having shoulder surgery, he's having the plates and screws removed from the collarbone, which are putting pressure on the nerves underneath, which in turn is causing the problems with pain and numbness in his arm.

BulletProof

March 31, 2011 3:29 PM

Get well soon Danni boy))i hope you come back fully fit))

Good news for motogp fans, BMW are about to announce the arrival to motogp in 2012,news over the world is that they are developing a 1000cc motogp bike! more bikes,more grids, more riders,more fans and well ofcourse will be more fun, isn't it?

fastfisheye

March 31, 2011 3:37 PM

Bulletproof, thats great news and hopefully others will dive in !

i have also read that dani will have a minor surgery to remove plates and screws and thats why in my earlier comment i mentioned that i believe he will be able to ride at full potential after 4 weeks break. He will start Physio straight after the op and if the blood vessel is de-restricted I hope he can challenge for the win at estoril.

Dannyboy

March 31, 2011 3:58 PM

Not a Rossi fan, but I've had both these surgery's and there is no comparison. My collar bone was emediatly better after removing the hardware and took almost no time to heal, where my shoulder has never been the same. Two years and two surgery's on and my shoulder is maybe 60%. Shoulder injuries are career enders in alot of cases, hopefuly not Rossi's. Dani should be ready with a month between races.

fastduck

March 31, 2011 4:09 PM

yes i know to its a pressure point on the main vessel caused by the plates they put in there ...but dani needs indeed pysio straigtht afterwards because a shoulder could be a slow killing thing if you don't tread it right so he will have less time to work on the bike while the rest can working all the time on bike progress... they not gonna wait for dany....but like said so i hope i am wrong

aeolus

March 31, 2011 4:14 PM

Six years on with a torn tendon injury from a bike crash and it still hurts. I decided against an operation, and I wouldn't bet against Rossie and Dani following Hodgson out of the sport.

Southerner

March 31, 2011 4:21 PM

There is just no way he could miss Jerez for any number of reasons,although I believe he should just give it a miss.
All I can say is I hope that he gets through the weekend in one piece and that the removal of the plate yields the desired result.
I enjoy the little BIG man and the sport needs him there and in good health to push the limits of the spectacle which is GP 2011 and beyond.

fastfisheye

March 31, 2011 4:25 PM

I also suffered 2 broken legs in a bike accident when i was 18 years old, the left leg a compound fracture of the femur similar to Bautista's injury and the right leg broken at the knee resulting in several badly torn ligaments and later on both meniscus had to be removed. initial recovery was relatively quick due to age and fitness.

MotoGP racers are young and at peak fitness but more importantly have the best doctors using hi-tech procedures. I really hope that neither VR or DP have to end their careers, in Dani's case i really think he can recover fully and soon !

genuine here - Unregistered

March 31, 2011 5:20 PM

All the best Dani! I hope this will not have put paid to your championship prospects for 2011. When you return, you will have two choices: One, you can decide to get on with stoicly and the the way you can, winning here or losing there, and let the chips fall where they will. Or, you could choose to harp on endlessly about how your shoulder hurts oh so badly and you keep losing strength bla bla. The choice will be yours, but my respect for you will depend on what you do.

« 1 2 3 4  »