MotoGP » Hopkins ‘proves he should be in MotoGP’

"I'm having so much fun on the motorcycle and really excited about riding"

Dean Dean

April 02, 2011 8:33 PM

The question arises as to whether Denning's BSB affair can run a replacement rider for Hopper, certainly for the two 'overlap' races. What's in the contract as a reward for performing well in BSB and whether that reward outweighs Hopper actively filling in for motogp above and beyond the available spaces in the calendar. I've no idea but the BSB affair is no longer Suzuki backed / funded, that strategically ( or strangely if the truth be known ) moved to a rival team this year. Denning took a gamble on Hopper in more ways than one...party animal or not, he's nothing like as hair raising as even a sober Gobert ( sober - Gobert, just doesn't look right lol). I'm just glad John realises he still has chances at the highest level and lest we forget, he's only 27 !!

rob w - Unregistered

April 02, 2011 8:34 PM

After a torrid couple of years this is good to see, talent does sometimes go away but never doubted Hopper.

I want to say "Go on my son give it some" but that doesn't work with these bikes, bravery equals hospital!
" Be smooth and steady" it just doesn't have the same ring does it??!!

vonich - Unregistered

April 02, 2011 8:42 PM

Lets just hope that he is more calm tomorrow during the race. We all know what could happen when he lose his concentration during the race. I just don't want to see this guy end up in the gravel trap as he try to too much. Good Luck! you gonna need it...

Gixxer - Unregistered

April 02, 2011 10:28 PM

I hope he does well tomorrow, but on another point, what if he gets his **** handed to him in BSB what would that say about gp racing??

I am sure the normal excuses will come out if that happens, but it will be a good indicator of how the level of British Championship against GP really is.

GoSlow - Unregistered

April 02, 2011 10:49 PM

I'm a long term fan of BSB (and a Brit)and it's been the elite domestic championship for the last decade or so but the last couple of years it's gone down hill i'm afraid. I expect when Hopper learns the knarly British tracks he'll be in a different class...

Green Monster

April 02, 2011 10:52 PM

I was like a hyper active school kid yesterday waitin to see Hopper roll out the garage :) If he comes away with points he'll have done himself proud. I'm hoping he can get top 10, butJohn deserves a ride in GP without a doubt.

ROLL ON 2012 :D

Green Monster

April 03, 2011 12:57 AM

@gixxer, no it won't. GP's are completely different bits of kit - prototype machines also all the tracks on GP calendar are flowing circuits with tons of run off. They are nothing compared to the undulating circuits we have in the UK

nice to see - Unregistered

April 03, 2011 7:31 AM

Nice to see positive and objective posts on this website not just the usual "I know everything even though I have never even ridden a scooter" or I HATE Rossi/Stoner/Lorenzo rubbish that every other post descends into (even if the the story isn't even about them)

GO HOPPER....TOP 10 with a massive stand up wheelie over the line :)

mika - Unregistered

April 03, 2011 8:22 AM

nice to see him back, but well in order for him to get a full time rider, is to get podium as much as he could or stay in the top 6..
And then the talk will happend..

« 1 2 3  »