MotoGP » Rossi 'sorry' for Stoner clash, lost opportunity

“We had a great chance for me to make my first podium with Ducati, or even my first win” – Valentino Rossi.

DRAGON - Unregistered

April 03, 2011 6:59 PM

Rossi,

What a bad luck.

Super race but wrong move at wrong time!... At least you give us big hope for next race.

A big recovery after all. Good luck Rossi...

LA-Xstream - Unregistered

April 03, 2011 7:03 PM

Quite frankly there is ONLY Rossi who can come from 12th to fighting for the podium after only a handful of laps. His comments are honest and mature, unlike Casey Stoner...'Ambition outweighs Talent' Ha!..Who you tryin to kid, Casey!? And you wonder why the Marshalls dont rush to assist you!

chakrabir - Unregistered

April 03, 2011 7:07 PM

"The last time Rossi crashed, and brought another rider down with him, was when he collided with Marco Melandri at the 2005 Japanese Grand Prix."

if i am not wrong Rossi took out Randy De Puniet in 2007 in either Sansachring or Philip Island.

anyway ... that was a crazy race and Rossi rode well means he can ride the Duke which is a relieving news for most of us.

sad for stoner and i think stoner should have slapped atleast one of the marshalls.

rattle - Unregistered

April 03, 2011 7:14 PM

@laxstream umm..
Stoner on duc-
wins 1st race, takes 3 yrs for his teammate to beat him.
Rossi on duc-
7th in 1st race, beaten by his teammate in 2nd race. N this despite his legendary development skills..
Nw Tell me who has more talent.. The only way rossi finishes ahead of stoner this yr s by taking him out which he did today.

glynANR-TSS

April 03, 2011 7:15 PM

When Rossi apologised to Stoner in the Honda pit afterwards, television cameras caught the Australian asking Rossi about the health of his injured shoulder and suggesting his 'ambition outweighed his talent'. Rossi laughed off his rival's comments.

"I don't know, maybe he doesn't know exactly who I am!" Rossi said to Italia1 television. "But it's okay, it's fair enough, he's angry and I would be too. I've made a mistake and for me it was important to apologise. I'm not so interested in what he says."
Sound like a sincere appology to me.....NOT

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »