MotoGP » Doohan: You get ten years at the top

"I'm not saying that Rossi's career is over, but it's not a downhill ride any more, I think he's at the bottom of the slope" - Mick Doohan.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

TDS - Unregistered

April 13, 2011 11:15 AM

Just read that Valentino Rossi is to become Bridgestone's technical adviser! If this doesn't confirm how important The Doctor is in MotoGP then I don't know what does! Eat your heart out Skippy!!!

How and Why? - Unregistered

April 13, 2011 11:57 AM

TDS, please explain how you think that bridgestone using Rossi to help develop road tyres, translates to his importance in motoGP? I'm interested how you came to that conclusion!
Maybe you don't understand that a large wedge of money thrown his way, doesn't necessarily mean he will have much to do with tyres that will be run on anything from a h*rley to gold wing, but it will suck in the tragics that's for sure!

TDS - Unregistered

April 13, 2011 12:14 PM

Valentino's input will obviously not end with road tyres!! I would have thought is expertise in all things to do with motorbikes is keenly sought after by any manufacturer out there. My referal to MotoGP is just because in my opinion (and most other Rossi fans of course)Valentino Rossi is the most valued asset MotoGP has!!! Disagree if you must, but who else creates as much attention and furore as The Doctor does????

TDS - Unregistered

April 13, 2011 12:19 PM

@ Pointless - How am I making fool of myself?? Is it my reference to a certain Aussie rider as "Skippy"?? Just my little joke as I am sick of being called part of the "yellow bridgade" or all the other pathetic names given to all Valentino Rossi fans!!

TDS - Unregistered

April 13, 2011 12:45 PM

@ How and Why? - Don't ask me, ask Bridgestone!!!! They are the ones that have made V.R. their technical adviser not me!!!!!!!!! They must have good reason!

Angel Z - Unregistered

April 13, 2011 1:29 PM

What no Rossi hater said or realize Vale is in not way out of the equation yet, and I hope will prove Doohan wrong. Vale only struggle after the motorcross accident. The guy healthy got what it takes to win again. Of course competition is touhg, and specially Lorenzo has improve a lot, but I won't say something like that even is my name is Doohan. Mark my words....

You Rossi adherents are so predictable.
1. Start whining about 'rossi haters' even though that is actually a catch all phrase for anyone that doesn't support VR. It does not make you a hater if you want some rider other than VR to win.

2. Attack anyone who suggests that VR is not performing that well (in this case Mick Doohan), in spite of current evidence to the contrary. VR is a great champion, but he is not going to win this championship. That means that on current form, other riders are better than him at this moment. Having this view (based on actual events this season) does not make me a rossi hater.

And for those VR fans who would like to insist that I am a hater because i don't have 'faith' in VR to win this years championship, please tell me which races he is going to win? I think that this year he will come 5th at best (baring injury to the top 4) year, due to his injury and current inability to ride the duke at the pointy end. Please note before abusing me, that these com

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »