MotoGP » Pedrosa picks his moment for Estoril win

Dani Pedrosa wins the Portuguese MotoGP at Estoril - Jorge Lorenzo's Estoril run ends.

eminusx

May 02, 2011 7:53 AM

@monster
great point, totally agree.

If Jorge had let Dani past earlier it might have been a different story, maybe he would have rattled dani's cage a little, maybe not.

I'm glad Dani won, so great to see his operation went well as he's a fantastic rider and the championship is far better with him riding to his ability like yesterday. Finally seems to be coming together, he looks mentally tougher and more wiley than in previous years. Could be a big year for him if he continues to ride smart!

eminusx

May 02, 2011 8:01 AM

gutted Ben and Simo are having such a sh!te start to the season, was bad luck for Ben yesterday, but it seems Jorge wasnt too far off in saying Simo needs to calm it down a bit, Its his style yeah, but its bitten him on the ar$e for two thirds of his season which isnt good enough. The guys got talent but its no good if he's sat on it in his garage, ask Stoner!

also, so what if Dani followed Jorge for most of the race, how many other riders have you seen do this before, nothing against Jorge at all as i'm big fan of the guy, but maybe he should have forced Dani to lead for while and played the game. Today Dani's race craft was better than Jorge. . .

monster

May 02, 2011 9:22 AM

@eminusx

Agree, Dani's strategy was perfect.

I feel Jorge may have been sucked in to the "Dani's going to fade at the end of the race" theory and paid for it.

I think Vale seriously underestimated the amount of HP the bike was going to give him at the end of the race. The Duke's were the fastest through the speed trap earlier in the race and it was no wonder Dovi could not get him down the straight.

But on that final drag to the line Vale's bike looked like it was 20 HP down.

Anyway, good tactical race

Reznick - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 11:06 AM

I'm not a big Pedrosa fan, but it was good to see him take it to Lorenzo. I've ridden Yamahas since I was 3 , but I just cant bring myself to cheer for Lorenzo ..... I just feel like he always comes off so egotistical and fake....shades of biaggi. Good job Dani !!!!

nebar1

May 02, 2011 2:06 PM

I posted this 3 pages back but it went missing??
Good ride by Dani, I hope that this season he breaks his personal best on wins in a season. A little guy but a giant of a man. Dignified and humble in defeat and humble and dignified in success. Never complains.

just Me - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 10:38 PM

too boring....

this is only the example of how powerful the Honda bike are.

all factory bike's including simo is always in the time sheet. and now passing through straight line before finishing the game is not amusing me.

« 2 3 4 5 6