MotoGP » Stoner: My back completely locked-up

“I felt my back completely lock up on me and I couldn't move for three or four corners” – Casey Stoner.

waz

May 02, 2011 12:25 PM

Rider gets asked question about his back, gives answer. Shock!

I'd say that big near-highside flick just before Marco binned it probably gave his back a good wrench and caused the spasm. If you've ever injured your back, you'd know this can happen at any time. And if you've ever ridden a bike, you'd know that sometimes saving a crash hurts more than if you just dropped the bike.

ebaums - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 12:33 PM

It's actualy great idea to exaggerate any pain and suggest it's injury so those like Rossi have no arguments to complain their struggle. Good job Repsol and Lorenzo, you've learned a lot from you know who:) hope Stoner, Dani, Lorenzo and Dovi will swap 123 places till end of the season.

hoppy

May 02, 2011 12:44 PM

Waz,how right you are.I have a damaged disc at the base of my spine and i could write a bloody book about the agonies it has caused me over the years mate.
It can pop out of place doing the most mundane things like getting out of bed or bending down to do you shoe laces!
Bloody murder!

2wheelnuts - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 1:07 PM

It looked to me as if Stoner hit Simoncelli shortly after Sim came across and took the first corner ahead of him. Can't help wondering if it was deliberate and Stoner got a tweaked back out of it?

Miso - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 1:19 PM

Third time in a row Stoner put on a shame the best development rider in history on the superfast Ducati with the best team of mechanics and engineers in the world behind him.
He doesn't really need excuses does he?

rick65

May 02, 2011 1:21 PM

So MotoGP riders are now frustrated bumper car drivers who go around deliberately running into other bikes? That would be a low percentage play!
Good to see that Stoner was able to consolidate his season's ambition by getting some good points when things were not going well for him. Not something that he is well known for but essential if he is to do better than the last couple of seasons.

Pete - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 1:30 PM

I see a lot of comments about Stoner getting picked on by Rossi fans, but at the end of the day if he didn't keep moaning about every little track incident there wouldn't be any comments.

Valli Machievelli - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 1:42 PM

Owwwww.. my shoulder.. my shoulder , i cant ride the ducati cos my shoulder hurts owwwww owwwww..

Riding that bucking ducati probably wrecked Stoners back,vali cant ride it fast enough to hurt himself anyway.

about time - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 2:04 PM

Its about time Danni started showing some promise on the Honda, it's only taken him years to do so, on the same bike, if he wasn't ahead of Stoner it would be embarrassing, Stoner will only get stronger now that a couple of his bogey tracks are out of the way.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »