MotoGP » Stoner: My back completely locked-up

“I felt my back completely lock up on me and I couldn't move for three or four corners” – Casey Stoner.

skeet - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 2:27 PM

I'm a fan of stoner's talent but I sure wish he'd shut up. He'd have so many more fans if he just congratulated the other riders after a race he didn't win. He reminds me of nigel mansell, talented but such a misery. What's he going to be like in his thirties? Gawd!

Paul 46!!!

May 02, 2011 2:29 PM

Some of the opinions here are laughable! It is clear that 95% of people on this site have never competed in anything away from their xbox, never ridden a bike on the road or track and think they need to act like football fans.

nebar1

May 02, 2011 2:39 PM

I had to give up riding bikes after 40yrs of riding due to a lower back problem. As somebody else said it can lock up at the weirdest moments, and the pain is something else. So Casey has my simpathy. I'm not sure that riding one handed round the 'parabolica' would solve anything though.

dannyboy122

May 02, 2011 2:41 PM

all the haters should shut their guts i doubt any of them would have the guts to go on after suffering back spasms you will all eat your words soon enough still 3rd is ok for a bad race he will win in france no doubt

sokudo - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 3:28 PM

I don't think Casey would get as many negative comments if firstly, he hadn't made comments towards Vale's shoulder in Jerez and secondly, that regardless of the back problem, he said (and like it or not, this is the truth) that he wouldn't have finished any higher than 3rd anyway, because Dani always had the race in the bag and it was clear that Jorge had the legs on him.

lemmy - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 3:49 PM

I think without the gap formed on the first lap Stoner could have stayed with the front two. But no way he could have gone with Pedrosa and I don't think he could have gotten by Jorge. Stoner's laps were as good as JLos and he actually had a slightly better fast lap.

Southerner

May 02, 2011 4:39 PM

Its a simple deal really. Stoner had a mediocre weekend by his standards starting with FP1 through to Qualifying.
As for the criticism he gets when answering a question.....
He has never been one to mince his words.He expresses his opinion and sees no reason to express an opinion other than his own.
Sure,I would not appoint him as a political diplomat:)
His job is to race to win for HRC,not pander to fans.
His race was compromised in his opinion.When asked about his opinion,he gave his opinion.Where the hell was he obliged to express an opinion in keeping with any psycho analyst's idea of what is politically correct.
3rd was better than he hoped for. Like Valentino he improved on race day.
His comments were merely a reflection on what could have been.Glad the psyiatic nerve pinch was nipped in the bud.
As for his detractors,if his comments rile you so much,use the 'mute' button if you know he's going to be in the post race interview room.

Gare - Unregistered

May 02, 2011 4:42 PM

WOW! all that whining and excuses and he came in third. Can you imagine the crying we would have endured had he been 5th.
I think Stoner is an excellent racer. I've raced for years. Been on the top of the podium, last, dnf, crashed and hospitalized and all points in between. I understand racing with pain but this guy should shut his yap and be a man about it all. Everybody hates a crybaby.
As for getting cut off . . . . please shut up! First lap stuff happens. Fight for you position. It's a race, a competition not a track day.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »