MotoGP » Simoncelli rejects blame for Pedrosa crash

“I believe that my ride-through was a result of all the talk over the past few days,” – Marco Simoncelli.

shamarone - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 2:23 AM

re: "From looking at the video you have to think like a rider, those who have raced or even done track days will understand. Sim's move cut off the line of Ped he had no way out ..."

YYYYYAAAHHHTZZZZEEE...!!!

shamarone - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 2:32 AM

re: "Racing incident, unlucky for Pedrosa but you can't penalise riders everytime there is contact when one rider is trying to overtake another"

correct, you only penalize when they are in fact wrong. ie. like in the case of this heinously bad outside pass attempt by simoncelli.

aususa - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 2:39 AM

hmmm... I have been thinking about this all day. Why didn't Simoncelli wait for a better place to pass, as there were still 10 laps to go?

Here's what I think, he needed to get past Dani asap. He had no time to play swappies with him. He wanted to haul in Stoner and get the first victory that he talked about in every interview I saw with him.
Personally, I don't think anything was going to haul Stoner in.

Nofukall - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 2:49 AM

This charade has opened the flood gates for a new position in GP racing and every team will have to have one - LITIGATION LAWYERS, I thank my lucky stars that I was raised when I was to see the racing I did, this weekend has I fear driven another nail into the coffin of the greatest sport on the planet but it is fast approaching a cross betweem F1 and Judge Judy.

Remy - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 3:04 AM

In addition to my previous comment, is Marco fast on that bike or what?! Absolutely brilliant racing form, he just need to tone it down a bit to last the entire race.

Like a wild man(looks it too, LOL) that needs to be tamed...but soooo incredibly FAST!!

Far_Kana! - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 3:10 AM

I've never raced but I'm gunna give my opinion NEway....... the keyboard junkie brigade (KJB) tell it how they see it, right? Ex racers and current racers have no clue.......

KJB - Simoncelli was robbed....... Reality: of a brain at birth.

Stupid move by a dangerous rider with a proven track record. Barbera, Bautista, Lorenzo and now Pedrosa. Maybe it's Italy v Spain (Redemption for the World Cup? - Who knows?)

This is the kind of move I used to see when I was racing D Grade. No chance of it coming off and no thought for the consequences. Dumb!

shamarone - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 3:18 AM

re: "it appeared Dani crashed into Marco and loss control of his bike. Just a racing incident"

incorrect. dani had the inside line and simo was attempting what i refer to as a "crossover" or "over/under" pass to set HIMSELF up for the inside line of the next corner (i pull them myself). the only problem is that kind of pass is only fit for shallow turns (think the next to last turn at assen). even the lowest club racer in CCS or WERA knows that's "hairball" when the turn is 90 degrees like T-7/8 @ lemans. mind, this coming from somebody who's marshalled everything from trackdays to club races to ama to wsbk.

shamarone - Unregistered

May 16, 2011 3:39 AM

re: "is Marco fast on that bike or what?!"

yes, he is fast... or at least WAS fast...? for the remainder of the season he will likely have a front row seat to the back of the grid and rizla blue paint residue on his honda from "pinballing" off bautista's GSVR. like i figured back at the beginning of the season, honda's "all chiefs and no indians" strategy has back-fired. you don't give your best kit to 4 guys. he won't be given a second chance to take out stoner.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »