MotoGP » Paris Hilton to attend Catalunya GP

Paris Hilton present at this weekend's Catalunya Grand Prix.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

MM - Unregistered

June 02, 2011 10:43 PM

Contrary to the popular saying, there IS such a thing as bad publicity, but this isn't it. I'm not a fan of Ms Hilton, but in the US, a country where cars dominate, surely it can only be a good thing if she is on TV chatting about 'her' team with racing enthusiasts like Jay Leno. When Prince Henry got to lap the circuit at the British GP on Mamola's Ducati, there were similar negative comments. I can understand why, but in Spain, where their king is a genuine motorcycle GP fan, it ensures mainstream popularity for the sport to have him presenting trophies. I'm sick of having to write letters to the BBC, complaining about poor coverage. Imagine if QEII was a bike fan - there would be as much GP, WSBK etc on TV as there is horse racing, and if more women start attending race meetings as a result of Paris Hilton's sponsorship, I certainly won't be complaining.

gsxr1000 - Unregistered

June 02, 2011 11:26 PM

I wonder what type of person, if any, would watch gp cause of paris' involvement. I wonder if spice girls fans will be watching f1 next weekend cause ginger was on the grid last week, both an unwelcome distraction.
Posted by Skidmarks - Unregistered (11 hours ago)

You could say the same thing about Rossi?

Skidmarks in the pants should give it a rest!

MM - Unregistered

June 03, 2011 12:15 AM

@skidmarks - I suppose you think the next in line to the British throne will be crowned King Chazza, and the one after that, King Billy.

MM - Unregistered

June 03, 2011 12:41 AM

@skidmarks. Personally? You're confusing me with somebody who gives a damn. "Harry" is used by the palace PR department and their tabloid toadies. It gets repeated by the gullible who've swallowed the line that he's the "people's prince", just one of us etc.

Yamazuki - Unregistered

June 03, 2011 1:03 AM

what a bunch of losers, Paris Hilton may be an airhead snob but it can only bring more people to watch and maybe a few more females, can't see nothing wrong with her + theres a team shes sponsoring.

MM - Unregistered

June 03, 2011 1:04 AM

That's OK. Don't take it personally. I also think you're wrong about the value, or otherwise, of celebs like Paris Hilton as a sponsor, but that one's a matter of opinion rather than fact.

Skidmarks - Unregistered

June 03, 2011 1:29 AM

I didn't comment on her value as a sponsor,good or bad. There will be about 100k people there at the weekend hundreds of them sponsors but there is no mention of them because thats not news either. I'm in a minority of 1 but I don't get it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6