MotoGP » Stoner splashes to Silverstone win, Edwards third!

Casey Stoner wins a wet British MotoGP at Silverstone, Jorge Lorenzo crashes out of title lead, Colin Edwards takes podium finish!

ebaums - Unregistered

June 12, 2011 7:03 PM

erghh some people are behave like addicted. Rossi can beat Stoner or that or that. And I say Stoner can do the same vice versa. And what? Can't get any point of it. It's like comparing V2 with inlie 4. Vale is very good with japanese bikes for sure and I think he could do best job in Suzuki or Kawasaki from all past and current Bautista but he struggles when translating him into Italian factory. It's a fact nobody can't deny. I don't know what will be next year but now I would like to see him with Bautista. Marlboro can stays just with lone Hayden.

BulletProof

June 12, 2011 7:14 PM

I thought Rossi wanted wet race so that he could try to win, wet still finishes in 6th, am not a Rossi fan and I don't hate the master but I have an advice for him, go away from Ducati they are spoiling your name,go to either Suzuki or Kawasaki or even Aprilia if they enter MGP next season!

Ducati have no respect and their bike is an ending carrier machine! To me Stoner is bigger than Ducati!

RawDawg

June 12, 2011 7:20 PM

"Could Rossi come back and win in the same fashion as Colin did? "

@rotsa ruck

The answer is no and the reason is in your own post.

As you state Colin was at least coming in 2nd to Bayliss at the beginning of 2002 and at least in fighting distance. Rossi can't out qualify the Tech 3 bikes and hasn't been anywhere near a position to fight for the lead. Colin was at least in the championship hunt - Val isn't. Your point would be more realistic if you asked could Jorge come back and win not Rossi who isn't fighting for wins and not in the title chase.

Stoner aside, the other guys out there like Jorge, Simo, Dani, Dovi, and Spies aren't Ruben Xaus either - they wouldn't easily be beaten.

RawDawg

June 12, 2011 7:47 PM

From motomatters yesterday

But what had upset Stoner most had not been the comments from Rossi about his riding, but from Jeremy Burgess about his team's inability to fix the bike's problems. "For me the biggest one was Jerry Burgess saying that he'd fix the bike in 80 seconds. This is saying things against my team, calling them stupid, basically, that we're useless, we can't do anything, we can't set up a bike. They've had it for long enough now to be able to do something with it, but they still seem to be struggling with it," Stoner said.

RawDawg

June 12, 2011 7:49 PM

con't

But Stoner still has sympathy for Ducati, though. "The fact that Ducati's struggling with it doesn't make me happy. I know how much effort those guys put into that bike and what they do, and they're not getting a reward for this. So I really feel for them, but at the same time, it's better if people keep their opinions to themselves until they've tested things,"Stoner added, referring to Burgess' comments on setup. "They looked at the bike from the outside and thought they knew exactly what it needed, and have since been proven wrong."

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »