MotoGP » Stoner takes championship command

"I was just happy to stay up on the bike, it was incredibly cold and I was so nervous as in these conditions it's so easy to crash!" – Casey Stoner.

G-Banger - Unregistered

June 14, 2011 2:16 AM

You know I am a fan of Lorenzo,Spies and more so Stoner and to a lesser extent the others.Love MotoGP and I have been following for absolutely yonks.
Regardless of whom has what statistics on paper bla bla bla I think Stoner is the best I have seen.Tough call sure but you know he has been restricted by previous machines and some people need to see that.
I am really grateful to witness riding like the way he does and I hope someone is going to take the big step up to his level for the shear entertainment it would provide.However I am also satisfied watching in awe when he is just doing his thing with nobody capable of staying with him let alone dicing.

G-Banger - Unregistered

June 14, 2011 2:26 AM

Some tracks others may close the gap or even go better if he isn't entirely comfortable but now with more setup experience and just experience in general that will be rare.Simoncelli/Pedrosa has some speed but lacks the control that Stoner has in spades when on the limit.He(Stoner)lives there.Others get there occasionally and can't maintain it like Stoner can.
This guy is something very special indeed and is entering into his prime.
It is going to awesome.

youknowit - Unregistered

June 14, 2011 6:05 AM

Stoner has just about the best throttle control out there. A number of other riders out there have commented on this over the years, most recently remarked by Dovizioso when reviewing the telemetry.
That combined with his robotic like consistency and huge desire to win makes him a very hard competitor on an average bike, let a lone a good one (like the Honda).
His only real weakness is he can come across a little "fragile" and can get flustered when things aren't working to his high standard or someone is racing at close quarters. This doesn't always happen though, as we've seen him outright beat the best riders in wheel to wheel battles.
He makes it hard for people to like him due to his blatant honesty and not knowing when to stop talking. But he's the real deal and every single rider out there knows it. Best to ignore the arm chair experts and listen to how the other riders rate his abilities.

Googolplex

June 14, 2011 6:11 AM

Stoner is looking good, but there are still alot of races to go, so keep a check on the cockiness fellow Stoner fans. BTW, he is like poetry in motion when he rides but boy when he opens his mouth he can be a right pain in the .....

G-Banger - Unregistered

June 14, 2011 6:22 AM

Yes he appears to like things spot on regarding his getting flustered.However an inability to race at close quarters is not something he has issue with unless you are talking about the one line Ducati which is obviously a severe hinderance but not somehting to do with his own ability.
Googoplex I find anything Stoner says to be informative and honest.Though the same can't be said for the folk like yourself that exist here to perpetuate the myth that Stoner somehow doesn't live up to your own expectations.

Googolplex

June 14, 2011 6:43 AM

Well G-Banger I am not into slagging off at other posters, so I won't engage you with a personalised attack. You are entitled to your opinion without needing to personalise it, as am I. However, I can assure you that Casey more than lives up to my expectations.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »