MotoGP » Stoner takes championship command

"I was just happy to stay up on the bike, it was incredibly cold and I was so nervous as in these conditions it's so easy to crash!" – Casey Stoner.

2011 Bridgestone tyres - Unregistered

June 13, 2011 10:27 PM

Merenge-you do that Rossi is on the 2011 machine when comparing times with Stoner from last season don't you?
Not to mention all the development prowess of the Burgess/Rossi/Ducati cobination plus megabucks poured in.
Not to mention the newer 2011 superior Bridgestone tyres either hmmmm.
Those tyres are vastly better than last season's offerings.That bike is not capable of being ridden by Rossi like it could be.

gsxr1000 - Unregistered

June 13, 2011 11:26 PM

AND YET ANOTHER BORING SNOOZEFEST... WSB WAS WAAAAAY BETTER!!!
Posted by Seeyadad - Unregistered (4 hours ago)

Do you not ride? cause if you did, you'll know what it is like! I was on the edge of my seat waiting for everyone to loose the front end at those speeds.
Kudo's to them all

Catch Up - Unregistered

June 14, 2011 12:25 AM

All these comparisons to last year between Rossi and Stoner with the Ducati means jack sh1t, if you really want a good comparison take the last race of 2010 where Stoner finished 2nd next day Rossi jumps on the same bike on the same track in the same conditions and finished 15th after a lot more laps to get used to it....then the developing started and now he is only just faster than last year. Doesnt sound as if the developing has helped much, because look at how much faster Stoner is as he is even going faster than Jorge's times from last year....Rossi just cant ride that bike like Stoner did, end of story !!

sdff@ght.com - Unregistered

June 14, 2011 12:26 AM

The thing that is most funny about all of this is up until now Rossi fans were saying that the Duc was a great bike and Casey just had to sit on it and it would go ok. Now it is the biggest POS to ever turn a wheel.

In the past all I have heard is how Casey can't develop/set up a bike. Now I'm hearing that the GP11 is worse that any other Duc. Whose fault is that? Still Casey's?

Casey gave Nicky a little hint over the weekend, get in there and ride the thing like you did last year and stop waiting for Rossi.

This is Nicky's bike to fix now, even Pramac have called on him to do so.

Rossi can't even get heat into the tyres.

Carmen Centennial Jr.

June 14, 2011 12:36 AM

The truth is out Rossi needed the best bike on the best tires to win end of story.

Stoner took a crap bike, proof is that only he could be successfully on it and win.

Pedrosa needs to find a new job

Lorenzo has trouble developing a great bike and likes to cry.

I am not Australian I am American but it is evident that Aussie's have the best
riders, but suffer due to Italian, and Spanish money.

Shadow - Unregistered

June 14, 2011 1:18 AM

pcxmac,

somebody I trust said: Stoner took Pedrosa to where he is not comfortable any more. And that's what it is, even if he didn't break his collarbone racing Stoner is something out of his range.

RawDawg

June 14, 2011 1:23 AM

"What do you mean WSBK was better? I could smell the bengay, icy hot, and moth balls from my house."

I almost spite my soda out my mouth on my laptop laughing at this! Thanks asshole! lol!

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »