MotoGP » Six new MotoGP 2012 entries announced

The decision was taken to focus on existing grand prix teams when considering who to include on next year's MotoGP grid.

Pars46

June 16, 2011 9:00 AM

I say lets see what happens. I wish the new teams all the best to be honest. MotoGP needs more bikes on the grid but they need to be competitive to keep the sport alive. I know Stoners a talented kid but the Honda show is starting to get a bit boring now..

PhilS

June 16, 2011 9:08 AM

Moto GP needs more bikes on the grid and this is certainly a step in the right direction. If these new teams can compete with some of the existing Satelite Teams then they will bring something to the party. If however they are just battling it out with each other miles behind the back of the existing field then there is little point them being there. Time will tell how competitive these bikes will be.

chr1s86

June 16, 2011 9:11 AM

"The last word goes to Jeremy Burgess. When asked about the CRT bikes by Darrell Beatty in an interview a couple of weeks ago, he laughed and said "who would want to go racing for 15th place?"

I hope he's wrong"

@monster Is that the same Jeremy Burgess that would fix the ducati in 80 seconds ??? LOL

MD - Unregistered

June 16, 2011 9:30 AM

TBH anything that makes the racetrack look a bit fuller during MotoGP races is OK with me.

When you have 15 bikes lining up for motorcycling's premier race series, it looks a bit sad IMO.

Sweeble

June 16, 2011 10:13 AM

I welcome the new entries, but why doesn't Dorna just apply the same affordable rules to everyone. I am tired of rather silly races where there are 2 categories. Everyone in BSB should be Evo, and everyone in MotoGP should be CRT (or whatever it's called). I don't care about the absolute speed of the bike, I want racing.

Green Monster

June 16, 2011 10:21 AM

Queroseno Racing (2011 team-Y.Hernandez, K.Noyes and E.Rabat)
Forward Racing (2011 team-J.Cluzel and A.Baldolini)
Kiefer Racing (2011 team-S.Bradl and R.Krummenacher)
Marc VDS Racing Team (2011 team-S.Redding and M.Kallio)
Paddock GP Racing (2011 team-T.Luthi)
Speed Master (2011 team-A.Iannone)

All currently running Moto2 teams

Some interesting teams already running good riders.

Edit: Speed Master are moving up with Iannone and expected to run an Aprilia RSV-4 engine in an FTR frame.

Mick - Unregistered

June 16, 2011 11:01 AM

Westminster
Abraham is doing a very good job and if it was dry I believe he would have beat Rossi, he looked very comfortable in practice Rossi did not, and 1.5 seconds from Karel. Karel said on the grid he was not comfortable in the wet and rode a great race to keep it upright and to the flag, was matching Rossi for a while.

As for the CRT Kalio was out at Mugello on the Sueter-BMW, so what was Hofmann on? Culdin replied to Hofmann get yourself a BMW engine then!

shuggiemac

June 16, 2011 12:09 PM

I honestly think that this has to be about the most cynical place on the net. All those moaning are just incredible. I bet they are the ones who complained about small grids and gave the excellent Karel Abraham a good kicking before he too had turned a wheel.

As for the comments about what we need is top teams etc. Are you guys on the wackky baccy or something? Suzuki has reduced its factory effort, Kawasaki has walked away, Kenny Roberts has gone all within the last few years. Do you think that the factories and more top riders are going to appear, along with a white rabbit from a special hat?

I have no idea how it will work out but I welcome more bikes on the grid and quite frankly if there are more guys fighting for tenth place, providing good racing for that place, then what is the problem? Only in some kind of parallel universe are you going to find a magical supply of people over a close season who can all be fighting for podium places, week in, week out.

Filip - Unregistered

June 16, 2011 12:31 PM

@ shuggiemac: Thank you for your truly brilliant comment. I could not have said it better.

One small thing though: this is not the most cynical place on the net. A little known fact: 90% of people posting comments anywhere on the net have an IQ below 100. Bear that in mind. It sure helps me coping.

PS: My English is far from perfect, but my IQ is well above 100.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »