MotoGP » Worst Mugello qualifying for downbeat Rossi

"We expected to go better at Mugello, and instead we struggled here as well" – Valentino Rossi.

SD500

July 03, 2011 4:01 AM

Bill, you have the wrong play..

King Vale
A bike, a bike! My kingdom for a bike!
JB:
Withdraw, my lord, I'll help you to a bike.
King Vale
Slave! I have set my life upon a cast,
And I will stand the hazard of the die

Richard The Third Act 5, scene 4

from the analysis by various academics...
Alternately pathetic and arrogant, the hunchbacked villain-king Richard III is about to meet his doom at the hands of the future Henry VII.

SD500

July 03, 2011 4:01 AM

Bill, you have the wrong play..

King Vale
A bike, a bike! My kingdom for a bike!
JB:
Withdraw, my lord, I'll help you to a bike.
King Vale
Slave! I have set my life upon a cast,
And I will stand the hazard of the die

Richard The Third Act 5, scene 4

from the analysis by various academics...

blah - Unregistered

July 03, 2011 4:23 AM

blah blah blah,

seems like everyone here should be a tech or mechainic for Ducati. they seem to know more sitting behind their
keyboard and watching from their lounge room

pops - Unregistered

July 03, 2011 5:04 AM

@Shamerone,

Most eloquently put my friend, though your memory of repsol sponsorship among others seems somewhat diminished. I do remember a certain Mick Doohan riding a repsol flavored color scheme. Most of the larger oil concerns were there waving money like Shell etc. so lets not lay the final wreath at King Rossi's feet just yet.

Just how much money Motogp brings in is highly questionable indeed, the current corporate owners have been looking to offload it for years, it has never competed with its twin in F1 even with King Rossi at the checkout.

What I believe Motogp should do is expand, not contract....3 races in Spain snd 2 in Italy is completely Europe biased.

The old saying "head west young man" rings a bell or further east for that matter, make it a true world sport, look for the big bike riding markets.

Promote a NUMBER of your elite riders and not just one, and above all promote the races. Remember that you own the game and the press... just like this site.

Do these th

SD500

July 03, 2011 5:12 AM

Dear Blah

likely that the keyboard bores on this site would do a better job than prezi at building the Ducati. (egregious comment, to be salaciously ignored)

It is not VR that is the problem here, nor JB, but their arrogance and foolishness of last year is rebounding (what one sows one reaps). Preziosi is the problem

IF DUCATI can get rid of Preziosi and get an engineer that will listen to rider feedback objectively then maybe Ducati will get somewhere.

Prezi old boy, your baby is carbon fibre and somehow you made that ugly

I am not a VR fan, nor a hater (he is truly amazing), but I am a Ducati supporter and am grinding my teeth in despair of the failure to listen to Nicky H and Casey S over prev two seasons and CS and Marco Melandri before that. And we must be clear here, I fail to see them listening to NH and VR this year... or if they are the actions they determine are faulty.. hence get rid of Preziosi.

some1 - Unregistered

July 03, 2011 5:51 AM

With the successful McWhiner burger sold on Friday and Saturday, Rossi MacDonald introducing a new Yellow Burger line-up called McMoaner on the race day!

Hurry up! You definitely don't want to missed it!

Only 46 cents each.

RawDawg

July 03, 2011 6:15 AM

"get a clue everyone, the quicker you kill “the brand” VR46, the quicker you kill “the brand” MotoGP and the fortunes of ALL associated with it"

LOL@shamarone

Yeah, because Duke, Surtees, Ago, Hailwood, Read, Sheene, Roberts Snr, Spencer, Lawson, Gardner, Rainey, Schwantz, and Doohan wouldn't exist unless there was a Val Rossi.

Oops, they would have existed without him and MotoGP will long after he's gone.

Get the f'k outta here with that bullsh1t. The REAL fans will be around LOOONG after he's gone. This is the best time in the blue ribbon class in over 15 years with fast riders like Stoner, Jorge, Dani, Spies, Simo, and Dovi added to Rossi.

Screw the johnny come lately's, fare weather, frontrunning, band wagon, yellow tinted brigade.

cough splutter - Unregistered

July 03, 2011 6:31 AM

sponsorhip pre rossi were mainly smoke companies, do these names ring a bell, Lucky Strike Yamaha, Rothmans Honda, Marlboro etc etc. Rossi was at Honda with repsol then yamaha...(he managed to swing FIAT) and now at Ducati with Marlboro. So he's not the sponsorship man at all.
Personal stuff for him maybe and Fiat is all I can think of. Yamaha have a good sponsor in petronas that is still there, repsol is still there with honda and marlboro are still there with Ducati.
The show will go on after Rossi.

meatlovers - Unregistered

July 03, 2011 6:35 AM

since ducati used carbon frame, all ducati's riders seem struggle alot, except stoner
although he can win, but he also had too much DNF
preziosi should realize this carbon frame wouldnt work for them

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »