MotoGP » German MotoGP, Sachsenring - Race results

Race results from the German MotoGP at Sachsenring, round 9 of 18.

g-man - Unregistered

July 17, 2011 3:51 PM

Funny how Spies always plays with simo. He actually gets along with Simo and had fun looking at him again around the last turn. No tequilla shots again and again and again. As a fan I need to see him up front a little more. Time to pick up the pace Ben. We have seen improvement though. Out qualifying his teamate two out of the last three races and a WIN. It still needs to translate into a great race like Lorenzo does everytime. Laguna all out. I would be happy with second because I get this feeling Pedrosa the lightweight is back.

cro27 - Unregistered

July 17, 2011 3:52 PM

Great race. Congrats to all ALIENS. Stoner is paying for his inexperience with honda. Not true thhat he cant do a dogfight. He came from 4 to 1 after a very cautious few laps at the begining of the race. A question for fan, and rdawq: what is the problem with stoner loosing edge grip at midrace-wrong setup, too litle traction control and too much sliding...? Even the last corner he took a wide line so he would have max grip out of it. Would a slower and more defensive line be better? If he and his team can solve this problem, he WILL be the next champion, otherwise it's going to be very close between him and JLo.

At5mics - Unregistered

July 17, 2011 3:56 PM

Excellent race by the 3 aliens showing again that they are a class above.
Another weak effort by Spies who seems to have reverted to the same script he was using last year. Maybe this is just about as good as he is goiing to get in which case his days on a factory Yamaha might be numbered.
Whatever you think about Rossi, motogp needs Ducati to sort their bike out and give Rossi and Hayden at least a fighting chance of geeting near the podium.
Posted by Slash
================================================
I must respectfully disagree my fellow MotoGPer!! His days on a factory Yamaha are numbered??? Really??? This is as good as he's going to get??? 1 time Formula Xtreme Superbike Champ. 3 time AMA Superbike Champ. 1 time WSBK champ, AS A ROOKIE!!! MotoGP rookie of the year last year. Neither Dovi or Simo have a win, so we just have to come to the conclusion that they won't ever get one cuz this is as good as they are going to get. Come on man!!! And to sum it all up, he was sick as a

motofan - Unregistered

July 17, 2011 3:57 PM

@cro27
I can only tell you what the commentators in my country suspected: Honda used a new rear swingarm which was supposed to help with the rear grip. But Casey didnt seem too comfortable with it. Maybe that was a proplem.

Paul Gill

July 17, 2011 4:12 PM

To all the people speculting about Rossi retiring mid-season or those of you who posted yesterday that he in a crisis, when he met reporters yesterday after QP, he said "well I'm lucky that Loris isn't racing this weekend because then I would have qualified last!" Rossi hasn't lost his sense of humor and you are really underestimating him. I'm a Rossi fan so I would like to see him fighting at the front. I think it was his choice to go to Ducati so he needs to make that work for himself and I reckon he will eventually.
Either way, though, we are getting good races this season so even if Rossi stays mid-pack for the rest of his career, once it stays close up the front and we get races like today's, who cares? Let's just enjoy the racing.
Kudos to Bauti. A great ride. I reckon Dani is the man to beat at Laguna next week. It's the track that means the most to him as he has vivid memories of watching his heroes winning there on TV when he was a kid. Stoner or Lorenzo could still take it,

bones - Unregistered

July 17, 2011 4:13 PM

Casey comes third in the race and is leading the championship by fifteen points and from half the posts I read on this website, thats considered bad for a motogp rider.

Rossi comes nineth in the race and is fourth in the championship and from half the posts I read on this website, thats considered good for a motogp rider.

?