MotoGP » US MotoGP, Laguna Seca - Friday practice (2)

Full Friday free practice times (2) from the US MotoGP at Laguna Seca, round 10 of 18.

Hongamanooga - Unregistered

July 22, 2011 11:20 PM

Those anniversary Yamaha colors are real blasters, much much better than their usual blue-white.

I'm surprised Lorenzo managed so big a progress up-step. I hope he gives a run for the money to whichever Honda might stand in front of him.

As it seems Rossi will be finishing the race anywhere between 5th-9th. The guy is clearly not having any fun at all and it tells.

I hate to say it but the obvious "Ducati trap" makes me think Stoner is, really a special breed of racer. If only he was a bit more likeable...

motofan - Unregistered

July 22, 2011 11:28 PM

Stoner was wobbling like my grandpa with Alzheimer. Does anyone knows if Honda uses the new rear suspension? I know they tested it, but Dovi said there was a lot of movement in the rear. Was it that? Or sth else? Jorge and Dani are looking good (I bet the fight will be between them). DOvi and Spies close, very close. Bautista is on fire! And Simo seems to be fading.... Come on, race day. Cant wait!

some1 - Unregistered

July 22, 2011 11:30 PM

Seem everyone having a bad grip. All Honda has lack of grunt and wasting rev without enough traction. Definitely Honda need a new engine re-calibration. Simoncelli definitely need more grunt to compensating his weight disadvantages.

Stoner's rear wheel went out on entry. The problem still there evidently. Honda too had a chassis bug like the Ducati. Didn't see much of close view of Dovizioso since he too using the same chassis as Stoner.

While Suzuki improving and take over the Ducati place. The top 3 has gaped evenly, so a close race is far from it. I guess, tomorrow morning practice most of them will spent time iron out those problems.

De Puniet must have reading Crash.Net forum. He seem knowing he has a good bike under him as he being able to distant himself away from other Ducati.

Edteded - Unregistered

July 22, 2011 11:30 PM

Got to agree, Stoner is difficult to like, particularly as he reminds me of Mr Ed with his nashers. Needs them to hang on to Dani's backside when he goes flying by!!! Yam looks good, but paint dont win races, and you can pile as many yanks as you like into a race, there hasnt been a credible one since Schwantz

Hongamanooga - Unregistered

July 22, 2011 11:34 PM

@ Edtedted:

I'm no engineer but being involved in motorcycle racing and riding for about 12 years I've learned that especially in racing, if the rear moves it isn't necessary an issue with the shock. It might be the traction control, the weight distribution, the swingarm pivot position it might even be the front settings (unlikely). Motorcycles are governed by extremely difficult to analyse dynamics (Some engineers like Mark Neale claim that they haven't been fully understood yet). Of course it might very well be the shock indeed but I just wanted to say it isn't necessarily the cause.

Mathers Cross - Unregistered

July 22, 2011 11:43 PM

Alvaro says he made a major step forward and 6th isnt out of the equasion. On here he gets ridiculed by all the so called experts. Give the guy a break. Hes been riding well the last few rounds and the suzuki seems to be improving. Too many experts who talk crap.

1motion

July 22, 2011 11:45 PM

I like Spies and Stoner... a couple REAL MEN right there... they do what they do and could care less what anyone thinks. people say Spies is dull, i say Rossi talks to damn much... people say Stoner is a whiner, i say he is just way smarter than crash posters and knows what he did wrong or what is wrong with the bike... its not whining when its factual... the media asks the questions and he answers them, nothing more...

motofan - Unregistered

July 22, 2011 11:47 PM

From my personal experience in racing I can tell you one thing. Only one time I had such a wobbly chassis. Almost impossible to find front grip at all. And the rear wobbling caused me the race. It was veeery hot that day and, I dont quite now, som sort of bubbles were formed on the rear tire. They bursted during the race and the tire was in pieces. The tyres were overheating tremendously. Maybe Casey is experiencing sth similar (not that I am even miles close to those racers). Cause it lookes like it in the final stages of the race.

« 1 2 3 4  »