MotoGP » 2011 MotoGP World Championship standings

MotoGP World Championship standings after Sunday's US Grand Prix at Laguna Seca.

G.O.M. - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 7:04 AM

The Ducati won't come right until they put a proper chassis on it!
It is a pig of a machine which Stoner forced to do his will or he crashed.
Rossi simply won't ride or race that way, he wants to refine the machine and make it his.
Good luck to him it'll take some time.
Anybody who thinks there were team orders today, doesn't have much of a clue about racing, take a look at the last few laptimes and see if Hayden didn't push it

some1 - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 7:35 AM

I remember last year the yellow brigade bashing Yamaha saying the factory making **** bike. Yet, Lorenzo win the title with it. And Rossi only had 2 win with Yamaha. Rossi riding skills was crumbled since 2010. While Stoner had 3 wins on Ducati. So, Ducati was not more worse than the Yamaha Rossi rode. It just the yellow brigade bullshitting everybody when their idol become a sore loser.

noel - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 9:15 AM

you can't compare rossi to stoner on the duke. while rossi and nicky are both motogp champions, you cannot expect them to ride suicidal like casey did in 07. they will continue to develop the bike to their liking which i think they will, if not this year, then in 2012 and start winning again. if they can't make the bike perform the way that suits them, then i think of one rider that can. SIMONCELLI!
still i go for casey & rossi & nicky & spies, (not in this order).

Pigbristle - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 10:26 AM

The reason Stoner could get wins on the Ducati is that he was prepared to push it past its limits, with a 50/50 chance of crashing the thing.

Rossi is smarter than that, he knows you can't win a world title if you crash the bike in 50% of the races.

Ammar - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 11:13 AM

Valentino Rossi:
“We worked well this weekend. We started from a better position than we have in recent races, and I got a good launch on the start and tried to stay with the leaders. I did a lap in the mid-'22s, but then I closed the front twice in a row on the bumps in Turn 5 and nearly crashed. I still had a tough race after that, because Nicky stayed glued to me and didn't give me a chance to breathe. We obviously don't want to be fighting for sixth place, but we're having some problems at the moment and we have to try and do our best with what we have. We're losing too much on corner entry, where I'm very slow because I don't have enough feeling, but Ducati is working and we must stay focused and positive, making progress step by step. In the short term, we have to make up those missing tenths in order to stay with the group with Spies, Sic and Dovizioso. Then we'll think about the others.”

Ammar - Unregistered

July 25, 2011 11:14 AM

Nicky Hayden:
“I've won this race before, so I'm not going to jump up and down celebrating seventh place. We knew it was going to be tough, and crashing in qualifying didn't help. I got a decent start, but I didn't get to go with that second group like I had hoped. It was kind of like the Sachsenring: a good battle with Valentino, but thirty seconds behind the front. Vale was no faster than me, but he's a racer: he doesn't make mistakes and give you anything. A couple of times I thought I might be able to go up the inside, but I'm not just going to close my eyes and knock us both down trying for sixth place.
**** People who think he's not trying are crazy****.
I saw his right foot come off the peg a couple of times when he almost went down. We'll take two weeks off, regroup and go to Brno. Now is no time to be negative. I believe in my team and Ducati, and I really think we're still going to have a good season.”

A 1

July 25, 2011 2:31 PM

@Richy, a few pages back. Don't blame Toni Elias for Vale losing his own Championship in 2006. The Jerez 1st corner incident was unlucky for Vale. Vale hurt himself all by himself at Assen during Qualifying that year. Strangely, Colin Edwards goes from mid pack to front runner when Vale admitted he couldn't ride full force. Colin got ALL the goodies for Assen only. Kinda like someone swapped the No.46 head cowl on the M1 to the No5. Colin suddenly becomes a race leader!?!?!?!?!?! in that race and would have won his first race (he threw it last corner and finished 13th, strange but true) and meant Vale would've won the Championship that year as points were tied but Vale would've got it on wins.
So, don't blame Toni, blame Colin or anyone other than Vale.

« 1 2 3 4