MotoGP » Ducati: No 1000cc test at Brno

"On Monday we'll continue the development work on the GP11.1 with both Valentino and Nicky"

mick - Unregistered

August 09, 2011 5:09 PM

They can see what level the others are at.....Ducati CEO.
Mate,we can ALL see what level Honda and Yamaha are at in relation to Ducati right now!
They are light years ahead.I agree with the Dawg entirely.This season is finished as far as the Ducati is concerned,why plough more money into the thing.You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear!
Concentrate on the 1000cc bike and start throwing serious money at it because otherwise next year will end up like this year!

Ammar - Unregistered

August 09, 2011 5:09 PM

well...for a good bike in 2012, he needs to end the front end problems wid the GP 11.1.... Seeing how similar the bikes are, there maybe some front end issues wid the GP12 too, although Rossi didnt mention it.

That can explain his slower timings compared to Honda.

And solving the front end issues wid the GP 11.1 also helps him dis year.

RawDawg

August 09, 2011 5:17 PM

@Taz

Expert?

Hey Smartass - I don't see were I have given any "expert advice" or analysis of Ducati's problem or a solution for said problem. It doesn't take an "expert" to Ducati is behind when their own factory rider said their 1000cc bike wasn't posting the same times as the current Honda 800cc bike.

Destro

August 09, 2011 5:19 PM

they are behind now and will be behind next year as well.

It would have been nice to see how their 1K works against the other works bikes. The lack of times from their earlier outing with the GP12 must be disconcerting for the ducati fans.

Ammar - Unregistered

August 09, 2011 5:21 PM

@ 123

totally agree....

honestly seeing how much they have already changed wid bike settings, it seems hard to believe that just changing a few more will make any difference.

I had hoped atleast 1 of de 2 bikes wud have an aluminium frame.

Also i am surprised that the riders havent got frustrated and demanded a change. 2 races back Rossi had seemed totally hopeless when he timed 16th at qualifying

Maybe Jerry has a role to do wid this patience. He may hav sum ideas.

Taz - Unregistered

August 09, 2011 5:25 PM

@rawdawg

I've owned a Honda too smartass (VFR) and an XR250 (although that one was more my brother's).

Both great bikes but doesn't mean I'm suddenly a MotoGP expert, owned a GSXR too so I should be running the Suzuki MototGP team...and you can run the Honda team.

Then we'll see who's the biggest smartass.

My point is, what does owning a Honda have to do with your constant sniping at at Ducati except confirming your a Honda fan :)
EDIT by CRASH.NET:
Removed insult.

Scruff - Unregistered

August 09, 2011 5:27 PM

It's hard to believe that Ducati aren't participating just because they want to see where everyone else is at. I think they already know the answer to that question.

The bike is a train wreck come to fruition and even though I'm not the biggest Stoner fan, I think it's quite clear by now that he's the only current rider that could be competitive on it regularly..

Is anyone checking to make sure Filippo knows what he's doing? Rossi's gonna invoke that "get-out" clause if he can land another bike. I'm even starting to believe he'd rather run his own bike and team than sit on this red pos for another year. I'd rather see Nicky on a sat yam or honda too rather than a "factory" duc.

That bike should be brought up on charges for the careers it's killing.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »