MotoGP » Ducati: No 1000cc test at Brno

"On Monday we'll continue the development work on the GP11.1 with both Valentino and Nicky"

Filter Comments: All | Registered

MrQwerty

August 09, 2011 10:32 PM

Whether or not you take issue with the way Rawdawg phrased his original point, it would be difficult to find an argument against that point. He said, with a few criticisms thrown in, Ducati would be better working towards next year than the rest of this. He is right. My only hope is that Ducati are hiding the head to head comparison because they have something up their sleeve.

BillAce - Unregistered

August 09, 2011 10:46 PM

Does anyone know how much it costs to lease a Honda GP bike?

Hopefully its under $15 million so he doesn't have to cruise around on the red banana for another season.

Schnertz in California

August 09, 2011 11:05 PM

Hey Gixxer,
That guy that sounds like a hill billy is Scott Russel. WSBK Champion he was, rookie at that. Came out of AMA like Spies, Went WSBK and Slaughtered that quasi British/Italian series. As well, our AMA champs have done the GP and WSBK thing many times over. Though I don't believe a WSBK or BSB rider has ever made it in the American series. Bayliss once tried AMA after being WSK Champ and had his a55 handed to him, went back to WSBK. Still waiting for a current era champ from WSBK to make it in GP.
I agree with Dawg in some respects, Ducati has screwed the pooch with this years abomination and need to quit wasting those tobacco dollars on that heap. Hoping to see what Yamaha has up their sleeves, as we all know they can build a good 1000cc machine.

sonic

August 09, 2011 11:17 PM

First of all, I'd like to see Ducati competitive and fighting for the victories but, they (Ducati) already put themselves in a difficult position with the results right from the start of the season.
Secondly, GP11.1 supposed to be revelation, but it wasn't (so far), and now this.
But, in my humble opinion, this is backfire from the decisions they have made last year, apart from technical side, which I won't even bother to point out.
First thing is letting Stoner go (the only man who could ride the thing), and taking Rossi in. It's because if they don't bring trophies home, it is going to be Ducati's fault, and if they do, it is going to be Vale's and Jerry's talent to do wonders. They now need a magic wand for many things. Sorry for my bad English.

SmilingAssassin

August 09, 2011 11:38 PM

Uncle Carmelo,I need to get back on factory Honda,I have made a huge mistake in trying to ride a bike that only one man can ride fast.
Put the big hairy one on the red bike in my place,he crashes every race anyway,so it wont make any difference to his season.
Let's push him under the train,even though I'm supposed to be his friend.
I shall take his factory Honda ride at Gresini,even though I claimed that I would not ride for Honda again,and also that the bike is not the main component-my skill is.Although in the Ducati's case,the egg has ended up on mine and Jerry's faces.

Make it happen for me,or I will leave your championship!!!

singo - Unregistered

August 10, 2011 12:12 AM

Rawdawg comment is spot on....why bother with this year.

The whole season is gone in a big way to the point that at the back end of the season they'll be well over their engine allocations and starting from the back of the grid.

It has also been shown that the handling dynamics are markedly different with the 800 strapped to the gp12 so again, nothing to be gained.

They have thrown pretty much everything at this years bike and there is no miracle cure....there hasn't been for many years.

It must be bad when even Carmelo can gain them no advantages.

They have always been a second rate factory team with only one rider giving them respectability. Rossi is second rate along with the whole outfit.

Plenty of mouth and no walk sums them all up.

TagoyKolokoy

August 10, 2011 1:30 AM

"I think Ducati should get down on their knees and beg Casey for forgivness and come back to them.
It would be fun to watch.It would be even funnier watching Casey telling them to go suck it!"

If they wanted casey, they would have offered him the world.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »