MotoGP » Poll: Should MotoGP go to Japan?

You tell us: MotoGP at Japan in 2011 - Yes or No?

le0n - Unregistered

August 22, 2011 12:18 PM

Some one has to be having me on. Like these guys ride at 300KPH & lean at angles of 50 degrees with 200 HP at the back wheel & they are trying to say their **** scared of a bit of radiation. Spare me.

aususa - Unregistered

August 22, 2011 12:25 PM

@ leon

the difference is that they are in control of their bikes and choose to ride at 300 kph.

They have no contol over radiation particles they may breath in, no control of earthquakes, tsnamis or nuclear power plants.

I wouldn't go so I don't expect any of them should either. This is serious stuff that could affect them for the rest of their lives, a motogp race is just for fun.

disco

August 22, 2011 12:26 PM

I would choose a quick death on a motorcycle then a slow death due to radiation poisoning any day of the week. At least when riding, they are somewhat in control of their own fate.

Pars46

August 22, 2011 12:28 PM

Entirely up to the riders if they want to go or not in my opinion. Its a difficult situation to be in for everyone involved. I know I would have my doubts about going if I were in their position. I certainly wouldn't want my pregnant wife to make the journey with me if I did go.

Difficult call but I still respect each rider no matter what decision they make.

eminusx

August 22, 2011 12:29 PM

Unless you are qualified to do so its pointless speculating on the radioactivity of the region. Those on here commenting on 'a bit of radiation' . . spare me!

With regards to the riders, until there is absolute proof via a number of wholly independent bodies that it is 100% safe to go, then it remains their right to refuse, it is simply more important than sport.

MTD - Unregistered

August 22, 2011 12:31 PM

They already have had an independent report and it was flawed.

leOn we are not talking about a bit of radiation,whats come out of that plant is off the scale ,its the worst industrial accident in the history of mankind.

JukkaX

August 22, 2011 12:35 PM

They just have to keep the speed at 300 km/h and the visor closed, that way the particles won't catch them and won't be able to go in one's mouth either.

eminusx

August 22, 2011 1:00 PM

@mtd
yeah thats my point, one independent report isnt enough if you bear in mind veilied political machinations and the naivety of those who willingly swallowed the first info they were fed.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »