MotoGP » Stoner cruises to Indy victory

Casey Stoner wins the Indianapolis MotoGP from Dani Pedrosa and Ben Spies.

Deenos - Unregistered

August 29, 2011 6:00 AM

Nice work JimmyJimmy ... I couldn't agree more!

Being Australian, I am a massive Stoner fan but I have a huge amount of respect for Rossi's achievements. However, in saying that, I lost a little faith in him when he and JB started making comments about Stoner and Ducati from their "high horse" (e.g. "not riding hard enough" and "we can fix the Duke's issues in 80 secs" etc).

IMO, a lot of the dislike for Rossi has come straight from the BS that some of his "fans" spew out. I will also agree that some of the cr@p from Stoner fans is just as bad. Stoner cannot be considered a "legend" at this stage in his career, that's not to say he won't be when he finishes racing but with 1 WC and 30 race wins, you cannot compare him to Rossi, Agostini, Doohan etc.

Stoner is a real talent, maybe a "once in a lifetime rider". We should consider ourselves lucky that we've witnessed two "once in a lifetime riders" being Rossi and Stoner.

I'm praying that Rossi and Ducati sort their problems out,

samas

August 29, 2011 6:02 AM

Jimmy you are the man you type faster than Casey's lap times I am truly impressed. I type about as fast as a 3 year old doing a lap of the IOM. Good honest posts not hateful, Ta mate

Deenos - Unregistered

August 29, 2011 6:02 AM

Cont,

I'm praying that Rossi and Ducati sort their problems out, the last thing MotoGP needs is for another manufacturer to pull out.

Can we please give all the BS a rest and just enjoy the series, whether your favourite is winning or not?

Dan R - Unregistered

August 29, 2011 6:12 AM

Hi all,
If people didnt winge and wine about 1 rider or another, this forum would be boaring.!!!!
Keep the BS coming!!

Well done Stoner, I think he is the best rider out there this year with the most amount of determination!! Honda have got their **** together this year.
As far as Rossi, He still is a great rider but his bike is a little behind the other makes this year. They will get it sooner or later. I think Rossi had a great ride! running off track and still finished in the top 10
I wonder if the ducati factory are actually listening to Burgess?? Italians like to do things their own way.
Dan

Pinky - Unregistered

August 29, 2011 6:36 AM

yes this year is all down to Honda, you got to hand it to honda to bring in stoner a 3rd rider was friggen brillant move.

would honda put a 3rd rider on there team if not for stoners availablity? i think not.

iggy - Unregistered

August 29, 2011 6:41 AM

I miss seeing that rd ducati slipping and sliding around at the pointy end. now it seems to hobble around the tail end week in week out. May be the riders pants are full of money and they are weighing him down?

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »