MotoGP » Stoner eyeing four-in-a-row at Misano

The Australian has been in superb form of late and heads to Misano having won there in 2007.

dude - Unregistered

August 31, 2011 3:18 PM

I am sure most of you that hate on Rossi now were once supporters. Your just bandwagon turn coats. The same people that knocked Stoner for crashing on the Duc, were Lorenzo fan's because he was winning last year. Now if you haven't noticed his fan base has shrunk drastically because now your all Casey fan's go figure. By the way the racing these days is garbage for those who have been watching for 10-20 years know this.

Nick636

August 31, 2011 3:47 PM

The true Casey fans are us who aren't bored. (well, too bored)
We've stuck by him in the last few years and are quite content to sit back with a beer and some chips and watch him destroy the rest of the field. He's alredy proved he can pretty much outride anyone. Now he's also proving he's NOT a CRASHER when he doesn't have to push at 100% ALL THE TIME. (Only retiring from 1 race thanks to the goat and some faulty marshals)

Keep it up Casey. Go for 9 straight why don't ya?

samas

August 31, 2011 4:28 PM

@dude
I've been following racing for over 50 years and I'm not bored or change my loyalty to anyone my loyalty is to the sport of GP racing and I give my opinion of who I think is the best rider of the present time.
Rossi was one of the greats today it's Casey, mind you it also helps if he's a fellow countryman. however if he were no good I would not stick up for him, but at the moment he's the greatest.

Someone on Stoner's attidude over the indy weekend

"The winner of the main event had dominated just as he's paid to do by his employer, but over the three days had complained about the circuit whenever his helmet came off."

Says it all really, a cr4p ambassador for the sport, hopefully he might grow up when he becomes a dad....doubt it though.

hoppy

August 31, 2011 4:43 PM

Dude,can you name the Lorenzo fans who are "suddenly" Stoner fans?
Or did you make that up off the top of your head?

Like a Pig,do you tune in to Motogp to watch riders race or talk?
I tune in to watch them ride!
And when i do listen to them talk,i like to hear their honest opinions,not some PR speech aimed at the fans and sponsors.One thing i will say for Casey,you know where you stand with him because he tells you straight!

Marc - Unregistered

August 31, 2011 5:49 PM

Winning 4 races on the bounce at this level is a tall order for any rider,but the way Stoner is going this season you would have to think that he is going to do it!
I for one would never rule it out of the question.He is on fire at the moment.If he wins this weekend then it is game over.

srshaw - Unregistered

August 31, 2011 7:11 PM

I don't suppose it will be happen, but it would be nice to see Stoner and Rossi on the same team. Then we'd see who is the best. (My money would be on Stoner).

No doubting Rossi has been one of the best riders of the previous decade, but he not as quick now. Heck, he's not consistently the best Ducati rider.

dude - Unregistered

August 31, 2011 7:27 PM

I don't write down names. But I have watched this site for awhile and I don't need a calculator to figure last year there was 95%(fanboys) for Jorge Lorenzo... Now there is 95%(fanboys) for Casey Stoner.

Back in mid 2000 then again in 2008-09 everyone was Rossi.

People will gravitate to winners it's not a knock, but don't act like it's not happening. Just admit to being a bandwagon fan. You can love the racing but all you people do on this site is hate or put down on other races who is not "your racer". By the way everyone is better by far then anyone who post on this site.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »