MotoGP » Lorenzo: I can fight Stoner for victory

"I think we can be competitive tomorrow and try to finish in front of Casey so that's our aim" - Jorge Lorenzo.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Merenge - Unregistered

September 03, 2011 5:17 PM

The title of the article is misleading. I would've thought he's challenging Stoner to a fist fight. My money is on Casey since he's extremely fast. Horgay might be consistent on his punches but Stoner would just evade them all anyway.

Punch Up! - Unregistered

September 03, 2011 5:33 PM

"The title of the article is misleading. I would've thought he's challenging Stoner to a fist fight"

You just know that if either had a fist fight, it would look like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=QwKaeWkYbqk

Whereas if Rossi and Capirossi had a fist fight it would look like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY

If Pedrosa had a fist fight it would look like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=2axlNygv6RQ

cassyo

September 03, 2011 5:38 PM

Well, apart from being a fan of one pilot or another, and that such has already been pointed out here, I must say that I regret those times when continuosly switching places by taking over between each other of the closest rivals where the rule and not an exception to be mentioned all the season round.Thinking further upon which might be the real cause, I am aiming the electronics impact mainly.Not excluding however the lack of let's say 3 or 4 rivals very equally skilled, minded and motivated alltogether as was many times the case throughout the '80-es and early '90-es.

Merenge - Unregistered

September 03, 2011 5:50 PM

Well we had good races back in 07, Just race the riders quality degraded. /Hi Tony Elias, please god don't flame me for this, also Rossi this year. It just so happens everyones up their game. Especially Stoner and Lorenzo. Pedrosa's Ok. But he sure fades at every 2nd half of the race.

spur - Unregistered

September 03, 2011 6:11 PM

@hallucinating, I'm sure Spies would love to help Jlo with the championship (not by crashing Casey I'm sure). But he has to get close to Stoner to be any help. It's not over but it sure looks like Stoner's year. He's just in the zone with mindset and the right bike for him. Will Stoner be the next big thing over the next few years? We'll see. I still hope Jorge can give him a run. And I'd like to see Spies finish out with some more podiums.

cassyo

September 03, 2011 6:15 PM

@i.h.a
For such a demand to be fulfilled there is one more condition: Speez happening to be in Casey's proxy.Would I be the only one to judge such occur the most dificult in between ?

game plan - Unregistered

September 03, 2011 6:49 PM

JLo needs to get out front from the start so he can at least fight and defend positions and hopefully they can fight it out amongst the top 5, if george can slow them up enough for spies to get up in the mix a yamaha one two isn't out of the question

As long as the stoner or any of the hondas doesn't break away at the start and they are close at half distance I put my money on jlo and spies in a shootout on worn tires against the hondas...