MotoGP » Rossi to 'see what he can do' from 11th

"I'm not too bad in terms of pace, so we'll see what we can do in the race tomorrow" - Valentino Rossi.

Saint - Unregistered

September 03, 2011 6:26 PM

I said for years that Vale, while a very charismatic person and easy to like, was just the benefactor of being a "top" rider on the best bikes. Not the " best " rider out there like his faithful fans decry. I bet Casey just laughs his ass off at Vale now. So much for the dream of Vale on a Ducati eh.

Disappointed but .... - Unregistered

September 03, 2011 6:28 PM

Well he didn't do well and yes RdP crash might have spoint a better (but never brilliant) lap time. But we know that Rossi make a race of it.
And given a choice, I much prefer a full out effort on race day rather than a good grid position and decline.
I go for about 8th, if he doesn't crash.

Liam48

September 03, 2011 6:28 PM

I'm a Rossi fan but I can't see him finishing any higher than seventh... Rossi i think it's about time maybe you ride it like Casey did with the win it or bin it attitude... we know you can. If Rossi can get feeling into that bike he'll be back up front until then it'll just be Stoner, Pedrosa and Lorenzo at the front.

46 will return - Unregistered

September 03, 2011 7:09 PM

"I'm a Rossi fan but I can't see him finishing any higher than seventh... Rossi i think it's about time maybe you ride it like Casey did with the win it or bin it attitude..."

You ain't a Rossi fan. Rossi will fail big time this year. Him and Burgess know it. They are looking to next year. If Ducati don't do as they have been asked by Qatar in 2012, fireworks will fly.

What will come out of this year? Simple, it has shown that the Ducati is an absolute dog and that Casey Stoner was far better than all us Rossi fans thought.

Stoner is boring, whinging and has absolutely no personallity (the next Doohan for sure!), but boy, he rides a bike like nobody else!

I think the Rossi/Ducati relationship will go sour, but boy, any of you newbie kids that think Casey is the 2nd coming and Rossi is finished? Rossi will return!

So wish Rossi had gone to Suzuki instead of Ducati!

Destro

September 03, 2011 7:47 PM

Dorna should give Ducati special dispensation like they did Suzuki in order for them to improve their results. Give them extra engines and testing times if they need it. The show is suffering.

Liam48

September 03, 2011 8:01 PM

@46 will return... don't tell me who I'm a fan of and who I'm not... I've been watching MotoGP since Suzuka 2001 when Rossi put his finger up at Biaggi... CLASSIC!!! I don't think Casey will ever reach the heights that Rossi has... i think those two along with Lorenzo are the best riders in the sport and I know that Rossi isn't finished and people that do aren't true fans of the sport. I just hope he'll be back next year and if he can get some feel in the front he'll be back to winning ways.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »