MotoGP » Aragon MotoGP - Friday practice

Full Friday free practice times (1) from the Aragon MotoGP, round 14 of 18.

TedG

September 16, 2011 10:59 PM

@KTMKen,
In 1/2 a practice session (approx 23 min)??? On basically a different motorcycle??? Your expectations are a bit high, especially for someone as knowledgeable as you.
The only thing that they have said is that the feeling is better. They have never once said that any miracle cure had happened.

Lost Racer... - Unregistered

September 17, 2011 1:22 AM

I guess this is the acid test for the 15million Euro man...... it doesn't matter what version of the ducati it is ........

Last year the Ducati number one Rider was on pole in the high 1.48's this is a proven Ducati Track I.e the 2 Ducati Pilots were on the podium 1st and 3rd not just one!! If vale is not on the podium Sunday or at the very least 4th I don't believe he will win on the Ducati unless there are crashers in front!!!

I hope that Randy is retained at pramac for at least two years to give him the opportunity for consistent improvement in understanding the bike I don't believe chopping and changing riders works

Ausrossi

September 17, 2011 3:06 AM

As posted previously there have been 3 different versions, Ducati were going backwards which is why they are trying to build a different bike, try to test that new bike in 23 mins at TedG said and get a result is not going to happen were it Stoner or Rossi. The fact is that RDP is riding the 2010 version so he has a feel. Every race Rossi is trying something new. Am I saying he is doing very well no, but first it is not just up to him. Second maybe what he is being supplied with which is no good and third, while people love to believe that Stoner and Hayden would both be up there again Hayden is nowhere either and while you can choose to not believe that both Honda and Yam made a jump particularly Honda and equally four fact hondas means 6th as a likely result for Duc whoever was riding, yes Stoner would maybe of podiumed more but I can guarantee that he would have had to push even harder this year making his 5 DNFs in 2010 look low.

Lost Racer..... - Unregistered

September 17, 2011 3:44 AM

@ Ausrossi

Your comment was going well until you tried to bring Stoner into it I suspect if he was at Ducati it would be winning he was the team leader who had experience

if people on this site are prepared to look at things objectively maybe he would have crashed some!! I have no crystal ball Yet he did know how to Ride the Duc to get the best out of it And Hayden benefited from it

I do not see the need to demean another riders Ability to big up the rider of my choice they are all greaat to watch

I read an interesting comment on Superbike planet Re the latest frame it may have a new engine also Could Vale be starting from pit lane???

Ducati has not as yet moved forward this year just run around in circles I hope it benefits them in 2012

Nick636 - Unregistered

September 17, 2011 5:59 AM

@ westminster

Back with the hypocritical comments are we? Spies an embarrassment to rossi's old bike? What's rossi doing to stoner's old bike may i ask?

You're joke mate. At least spies has won on the yam this year...

some1 - Unregistered

September 17, 2011 6:21 AM

How worse Ducati bike that anyone may think it is, they provide quite a number of bikes for the MotoGP grid. I think that was generous enough from an expensive street bike maker. At least, for any rider who had opportunity to ride it, could give some efforts back to make it work for themselves in the competition.

The bike has the most winning records in 800cc from the past factory rider. So, there already proven it can be done. Clearly it show the personal determination from a rider made the different. Also the bike seem safer when the rider riding it with much efforts than not. Most crashes happen due to a slowdown attempts.

The conclusion is Ducati were made for a real sportsmen. Not for a mediocre. So, the verdict is it's totally a rider problem. The solution, replace the lead rider with another rider that has longer experiences with the same bike to lead the development.

veronicaisl

September 17, 2011 7:02 AM

@some1...

very well said..I'm agree with you to replace the number one rider which is rossi and give some other rider to ride and take the challenge before the ducati realise they are bankrup at the end of 2011. Im agree with you again to put nicky in development of the bike because he has long experience in duke. In the other story ducati is the reason why they are down because in the first place if they listen to stoner before to make changes in his bike but ducati was deaf at that time and i think they are not far behind with hondas and yamahas but now they throwing everything to rossi, try this and try that and we will build new design blah blah...Im ducati fan and im sad...God bless ducati!

Westminister - Unregistered

September 17, 2011 7:45 AM

It is a Ducati track - they have all required data for set up.

anything less than a podium (without other riders gifting the podium) will be viewed as a failure.

This race will show where his future lies.

JimmyJimmy

September 17, 2011 8:55 AM

@Westminister

"This weekend will finally show if Rossi is the real deal or no longer competitive in Moto GP."

I'm a Stoner fan. My understanding is that you're a Rossi fan. So, naturally, if I reply to you it is to disagree with you lol The weird thing is, I'm going to disagree with you by sticking up for Rossi.

I think talk of the decline of Rossi the racer is incorrect. Rossi on the Ducati is certainly uncompetitive and going nowhere. Rossi is certainly slower than Stoner on the Ducati as we've seen from the first two days Rossi got on the bike in Valencia. But there's no way a guy like Rossi loses his ability to ride in the months since he got off the Yamaha. The guy is a champion in racing spirit, not just results. Put him on a Yamaha or Honda and he's going to be back on the pace and be a championship threat. That's my opinion. As I always say when I say this about Rossi, when Rossi is back on a good bike he'll be a threat but my money will still be on Stoner.

Don't lose fait

JimmyJimmy

September 17, 2011 8:56 AM

Cont...

Don't lose faith in your guy, especially when your guy is Rossi. I made the same mistake with Stoner. In my own mind, I really started to question Casey's abilities when he was having so many DNFs. After the revelations this year of just how bad the Ducati was for Stoner, I feel like a complete fool for questioning his abilities in 2009 and 2010. I think it is the same with Rossi. He'll be back up the front and challenging for the championship when he is back on a machine he is comfortable with.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8  »