MotoGP » John Hopkins: My goal is MotoGP

"I have a whole new approach to racing and my career. I am more mentally tough and driven than I've ever been. If you want to be the best, then you have to race the best and the best are in MotoGP" - John Hopkins.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

dangerboy45 - Unregistered

October 07, 2011 10:03 AM

Im not usually the sentimental type but what Johns done in beating his addiction,getting his fitness to a whole new level and knuckling down with hard graft is phenomenal.
Even if he doesnt win the championship (which Im sure he will), he's an inspiration... its not often someone gets a second chance in this game and he's grabbed the opportunity with both hands

borat - Unregistered

October 07, 2011 10:06 AM

He just needs to sort his hair out now!!

Seriously, good on the guy, he deserves a decent seat in any class. He's easily as good as half the MotoGP field so personally I hope that's where he ends up.

Go Hopper!!

McbainUK

October 07, 2011 10:09 AM

Well put dangerboy. Can't help but admire him for the effort he's put into coming back from mental and physical troubles.

As much as I'd like a Brit to win BSB, I'll actually be supporting Hopper!

ffs Suzuki, stop fannying about and announce your plans so your riders can plan their careers. It's not fair on the riders and it's not fair on Dennings team.. they've all got a livelyhood to maintain and if they're out of a job, the sooner they know the better.

oksomydancingisbad - Unregistered

October 07, 2011 10:50 AM

My opinion of Hopper has drastically changed. If you'd asked me before the start of this season if I thought he was worth a GP ride, I would have said no. Ask me now I'd say yes definitely! Nobody can fail to be impressed with how Hopper has performed this year, plus his dedication, shown by how much fitter and lighter he is and his work rate. On top of that he comes across as a really good bloke. I for one reckon he deserves a decent GP ride and if he continues as he has in BSB, he'll be a success. Good luck to him I say!

SupaHeroz.com - Unregistered

October 07, 2011 11:15 AM

As much as I admire Hopper's loyalty to Suzuki, I hope he changes manufacturers and gets the chance he deserves on a more competitive ride.
Would much rather see him on the LCR Honda than back on the Suzuki.

GoGoJuice - Unregistered

October 07, 2011 11:25 AM

A great racer and a likeable guy. I know Americans get lots of stick on here, but i cant see any reason why a bad word could be said about Hopkins.

Although id love to see Tommy Hill win the championship, it would be nice to see Hopkins lift the trophey. he recongnises that BSB is probably the most competitive championship at the moment, so if he won the title it would certainly put him in high regard. One mistake from either of the top riders at brands could certainly lose them the championship.

Its going to be a great weekend of racing!

1 2 3 4 5  »