MotoGP » Dovizioso set to join Tech 3 Yamaha

The Italian is believed to have turned down an offer from Honda to ride with LCR after Marco Simoncelli was given the same deal with Gresini.

SwissJudge

October 09, 2011 2:17 PM

Really the only thing that caused Dovi to leave was that this guy sticks to the unwritten code. The aliens however dont. The aliens do whatever they can to win where. Case in point Lorenzo blocking Dovi on the main straight. Dovi would never do that. Honda of course knows this and most likely had him in the team because he has been so consistant in the past.

Gravel muncher. - Unregistered

October 09, 2011 2:39 PM

Keep dreaming Robwal!
Dovi will leave Crutchlow in the gravel trap where he seems to spend most of his time.He is not in the same league as Dovi.Crutchlow will be out of a job next year and we all know it.The guy has not got what it takes to ride at this level.He is more out of his depth than Toseland ever was.

trr - Unregistered

October 09, 2011 3:17 PM

Of course he will...just to be sure I took a look at the standing. Crutchlow has 57 points so far, that means the 13th place right now. You know where his teammate, oldie-but-goldie Edwards is? He is on the 9th place with 98 points. That seems almost the double for me. I thought this is Cals first year and he may be better on the 1000er but then I looked who is on the 3rd place with 196 points. In this sport anything can happen but I still came to the conclusion that the only thing Crutchlow will own at the end of next year is a pretty nice bonus check from the carbon fairing company. I would say the same goes to SuperHair (at the moment he has half the points as Dovi, on basically the same bike) cause they are pretty much the same type but I dont know how big will be the diffence between Yamaha and Honda.

NutBallRacer

October 09, 2011 3:46 PM

Why is anybody questioning the logic of removing Dovisioso from the factory team. Stoner was brought in to shake up the team. He did - big time. Dani is fairly safe, but after years in the team, even though he is alien fast, his chances for the crown get slimmer every year. Dovi is clearly third in a team that only needs two. I'm guessing he was working an exit strategy from the moment Stoner was hired. Pedrosa and Puig are not going to go away as long as Repsol foots the bill. Tech 3 is a good place for Dovi. It gives him hope in a hopeless situation. Mark my words, he will not get a Yam factory team ride unless somebody gets hurt. Simo is crazy but has potential, and probably works cheap, too.

Don-R

October 09, 2011 4:05 PM

@ Ruckus

Yes you're right, I think every factory seat is going to theoretically open up at the close of 2012. I mentioned Spies because I'm assuming Dovi wants to pursue a long-term relationship with Yamaha and because Ben perhaps looks the more vulnerable of the factory pilots right now. In my opinion Spies will do much better next year and will prove extremely hard to dislodge, but I think that's where Dovi will be aiming his sights going into the season.

Realist - Unregistered

October 09, 2011 6:00 PM

I agree with HRC's decision to release Dovi. Consistent, yes! ...but he lacks championship winning potential. He is ONLY in 3rd because Pedrosa was injured. By the end of the season, Pedrosa could be in 3rd. And who can really argue that Dovi is a faster rider than Pedrosa? When Dani is fit he is a hard rider to match.

As for Simoncelli, he has potential to be a front runner. He has that "special something" that Dovi lacks.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9  »