MotoGP » Honda reacts to long-awaited MotoGP title success

"Today I can relax... Almost every night I wake up thinking about something to remember to check or do"

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Percentage

October 18, 2011 3:30 AM

Dani is a great rider, however he is quite fragile and has suffered greatly from injuries. Not everyone makes a successful jump from 250cc to the Premier Class. An average of 3 wins per year is pretty good, just not good enough in a field with Rossi, Lorenzo and Stoner.

He also lacks consistency. A win at Motegi, then also ran at PI.

It will be interesting to see how he goes on the 1000cc brutes. His lack of weight might be an advantage or disadvantage. We'll see.

JimmyJimmy

October 18, 2011 3:59 AM

@yzfstu

"I wonder what reaction came from Puig. I bet he's not happy that CS shows up first time on DP's bike and hands his ars3 to him. "

Prior to 2012, Puig would have felt optimism going into every season. I'm sure he would have felt Dani was a chance of delivering a championship. He would have had faith in Dani in terms of the possibility of winning a championship in any year, up to and including 2011.

After 2011 however, Puig now knows that Dani has very little chance of winning a championship while Stoner is on a comparable machine. Wow. What a wrench to your psyche that would be. I would say that Puig's mental state would be quite jumbled at the moment. He's basically confronted with a problem he cannot solve. That's never nice.

Given his lack of opt

JimmyJimmy

October 18, 2011 4:00 AM

Cont...

Given his lack of options, my guess is he'll regather himself, tell himself Dani can do it, and try as hard as he can in 2012. I expect Puig to demand a very hard-edged approach from Dani next year. I also expect a much harder-edged approach from Lorenzo next year. When these guys look back on 2011 as they get their psyche prepared for 2012, I think they will realize they have to come out and play it very tough in 2012. I expect far less "hey buddy, how's it going" and much more "get the fk out of my way" from Pedrosa and Lorenzo - particularly Lorenzo.

Should be interesting and another good test for Casey. In 2011 he showed he has the championship-minded intelligence when he has equipment that doesn't have to be over-ridden (like the Duke). Hopefully, in 2012, he gets to show he can absorb anything his rivals throw at him when they turn the agression up a few notches.

Sump Rat

October 18, 2011 8:03 AM

Congratulations to Honda and Casey Stoner.
Congratulations to the entire team. they prove again that you do not need Jeremy Burgess to win the title.

@ gsxrr1000 in my opinion it is the rider.
Not the bike!
if Dani or Dovi could have won the championship they would have do it by now.

Casey's first year on a bike built for other riders and Stoner takes the title with nine wins from sixteen races.

the bike is basically the same bike that all the Honda riders have.

When Simmo rode the RC 212v flat out he was as fast as The Case.

Casey's only D.N.F. was at Jerez...

Mick - Unregistered

October 18, 2011 8:55 AM

Not convinced that Stoner is even close to Rossi as a 'racer' but this year's convinced me that he might be the fastest rider I've seen and I'm going back to Hailwood.

Pedrosa will never win a WC on the big bikes and when they get rid of the @$@% electronics he's doomed to life as a midfielder. Just 5% of Stoner's pay cheque will do me fine.

« 1 2 3