MotoGP » Honda to test RC213V on Monday

"With the Championship now wrapped up, we can concentrate on the development of next year's machine" - Casey Stoner.

Sparky62 - Unregistered

October 18, 2011 12:36 PM

The weather being equal I bet he laps about 1 second per lap faster on the 1000 with this years tyres. I think next years tyres will still need a bit of work...

some1 - Unregistered

October 18, 2011 12:51 PM

This is a very different approach by Honda. Usually, they've test their hybrid and evo bike at Motegi.

I guess, Honda is changing their strategy and the bike is ready for another technical circuit test. I think they are very concerned about Yamaha able to match them at the Brno test.

Nick636

October 18, 2011 1:29 PM

How was Yam matching them?

Every time they came close to Honda's time, Casey went out and put the Honda in front again. Besides though, why not use the days you have available to you on as many different layouts and weather conditions possible?

bjr - Unregistered

October 18, 2011 11:06 PM

I'd hate to be the poor fcuk back at the Honda factory that has to test/develop the RC213V for the Bridgestone wet tyres on a skidpan....

some1 - Unregistered

October 18, 2011 11:33 PM

Honda measure their bike strength with Pedrosa's result. Not Stoner's. Pedrosa set how the final bike will be since he is the #1 rider in the team. This applied to 2012 too despite Stoner has won the 2011 title and hold the #1 place.

To understand how Repsol Honda works, they built bike that Pedrosa can with. So, still the most important role in the team until they replace him with another Spaniard. From the last Brno test, it doesn't look good for Honda and Pedrosa. Perhaps, they already step up the improvement and wait for the result at Sepang test on Monday.

stonehead - Unregistered

October 19, 2011 12:06 AM

@some1

What a stup1d methods of teamwork you've said. All riders have its input sent to engineers respectively, did you even read Simoncelli's testing thread? that's development! all three parties work together. Of course input quality may differs on each rider.

What's wrong is when a foolish rider start saying: *I develop* instead of WE, guess who's that?

Catch Up - Unregistered

October 19, 2011 2:32 AM

@some1

In a interview with Stoner he stated that the only things we were working on was set up and getting a feeling for the bike " I love the bike and could have gone a lot faster but that was not my aim, for the time being we will concentrate on setting it up "

You should know that after this season when Stoner say's he could have gone faster you should know its the truth.
Yamaha will be close. but I think if Stoner stays injury free he is going to be nearly impossible to beat in 2012, I like a lot of others hope it is not by huge margins but close fought battles....but I have my doubts.

meatlovers - Unregistered

October 19, 2011 3:01 AM

i was hoping they would change their bikes design, cos its kinda boring, seems 1000cc m1 also looks the same
for me, the most good looking honda's motogp bikes are still 'the great RV211V'

1 2 3  »