MotoGP » Hopkins: I can't wait to show what I can do

"I want to get back into MotoGP full-time and I cannot wait to get on the bike and show what I can do" - John Hopkins.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Rob - Unregistered

October 20, 2011 10:37 AM

He just looks so right on that bike. I really hope that Suzuki decide to commit next year and run two bikes. John deserves another shot and Alvaro has been outstanding this season.

McLarenP - Unregistered

October 20, 2011 10:42 AM

John Hopkins has shown that he has put all his demons behind him and come back to racing with everything he needs to get back to the top! Suzuki are going well at the moment and with John riding for them it will bring a bit of added excitement to MotoGP - something it desperately needs. Good luck John, you can do it!

Hongamanooga - Unregistered

October 20, 2011 10:45 AM

Likeable character, able racer, improved (for this year) bike and hopefully for next. Let's hope he'll get the results, I'm bored to constantly see the same guys at the front and Simoncelli isn't enough by himself.

diceman - Unregistered

October 20, 2011 11:34 AM

Whats the point in giving him a wildcard? Looks pretty certain Suzuki aren't going to bother next year and if they do it'll be a one bike team again. He's just their insurance incase Bautista gets pissed of and goes elswhere while they are making their minds up. Shame though would love to see hopper back on the suzuki full time, then again I'd like to see Suzuki competitive again and that ain't happening

Writeman

October 20, 2011 2:58 PM

I'd love to see Suzuki commit to 2012 especially seeing how well it has been doing with Bautista on board and I'd be happy to see Hopkins prove himself worthy of another chance.
Two Suzukis would help beef up what has been a pretty lean field and add a lot more interest to the racing.

Corin - Unregistered

October 20, 2011 3:09 PM

Hopper would be far better off staying aboard a Suzuki and going in to WSBK he would have a much better chance of actually winning something in WSBK as opposed to being in Moto Gp and being one of the also rans.
The Suzuki GSXR was runner up in the WSBK Championship the year before last with Leon Hasslam riding it. It wouldnt become a bad bike over night.
Its just a shame Alstare Suzuki had the Muppet Fabrizio riding it this year!
Hopper knows the GSXR inside out due to his time with it this year in BSB.
I think Hopper could well be a Dark horse for the WSBK title if he entered.
The same cant be said in Moto GP.

1 2 3  »