MotoGP » Tributes paid to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli

"I was very impressed by his speed, talent and determination... Marco Simoncelli's qualities reminded me of Gilles Villeneuve and now, fate has chosen to link them in this tragic fashion" - Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari President.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Don-R

October 24, 2011 11:43 AM

And from Edwards:

“I feel sad for the whole MotoGP community right now, my heart is heavy for everyone affected, from family to fans. God speed my friend, u will be missed”

R1Damo - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 12:27 PM

Totally devastated....he was awesome, a good old fashioned paint-swapping racer who never gave up....could not sleep last night and can't stop thinking about it....Rest easy #58

Unknown - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 3:59 PM

We are all missing you and are very upset that such a great rider has been lost. May you rest in peace.

JOHN - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 4:01 PM

A really harrowing week for motor sport. First Dan's (Wheldon) passing in IndyCar, now MotoGP's Marco. To loose top racers is tragic enough, to loose those who have the most character is doubly tragic. What makes this more sad is that its well known these guys do not even get on,- as one TV commentator put it, 'no one likes no one in MotoGP', we saw this with the Rossi/Lorenzo 'split' (when they put a wall to divide the garage) then Rossi left Yamaha as he didn't want Lorenzo...We then saw Pedrossa (Dani) refusing to shake Marco's hand when the former came back after breaking his collar bone (after he collided with Marco) When a tragedy then happens, its all tears. No doubt it will be 'business as usual' before long. For now I grieve the loss of Marco. My most sincere condolences to his family. They say 'God only takes the best' RIP Marco

jack - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 4:19 PM

this is a very sad day for moto gp, many riders and fans say he is reckless and dangerous but i say that is what makes a true champion, the question is not if he will ever be a moto gp champion, the question is when.... super sic i will miss u

Jason Ormrod - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 6:33 PM

Rest in peace Marco a true talent lost my heart and thoughts go out to your family and friends at this very sad time.
Also to Colin Edwards and his family this is a tragic and unavoidable accident and my heart goes out to all of you.
Moto GP will not be the same.

At a very sad time Jason

boy - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 6:30 AM

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

If you want to blame, blame Malay**** with their ****ty track and stupid medical crew. I hope next MotoGP won't be held in Malay**** again

boy - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 6:32 AM

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli

If you want to blame, blame Malaysh!t with their sh1tty track and idiot medical crew. I hope next MotoGP won't be held in Malaysh1t again

« 7 8 9 10 11 12