MotoGP » Tributes paid to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli

"I was very impressed by his speed, talent and determination... Marco Simoncelli's qualities reminded me of Gilles Villeneuve and now, fate has chosen to link them in this tragic fashion" - Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari President.

dave w - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:16 PM

rip marco followed you from early on great racer such a tragic loss im still so chilled at it my thoughts are with you and your family rip ur b missed forever

CBRDAN

October 23, 2011 1:23 PM

R.I.P Marco, it was a pleasure & privilege for me to haave watched you race. You will not be forgotten.

Bradenws

October 23, 2011 1:28 PM

@nonsense
Rossi had passed Simmoncelli and the race was immediately red flagged. He had to pit and I really doubt he was allowed back on the track again to get in the way of medical personnel, etc. Also, what would he do on scene, administer CPR? They all know that you DON'T DISTURB THE BODY, NO MATTER WHAT!!! Jeez...

Kay46Valentino - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:31 PM

Thoughts are with Marcos family, Moto Gp family, friends and with all the rest of the Moto Gp fans. I am totally gutted. #58 you were a star and will remain in my heart 4 ever.

quincy - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:35 PM

When Rossi was forced into the grass and try to get control of the bike, the Marshalls already gave a red flag. When Rossi was slowing down, he looks to the left/back and his body language at that moment said enough. So I think that that Bradenws has a point in saying that at that point it had no sense for Rossi going back.

Rossi has been racing for a long time, and has been involved in many crashes, but I do not think that he ever thought that his CLOSE friend would pass away, and he would be involved at that crash

cockroach - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:38 PM

Terrible Terrible day, was really looking forward to seeing him on the 1000 next year, a huge loss to the sport, God Speed Simmo.

58 - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:40 PM

was only last week at PI when Simo was getting interviewd by the aussie guy that he gave his new website a plug,

now the message on his site just say's "Ciao Super Sic"

I only just heard this awful awful news, I had planned on watching the race at 1pm UK time and instead heard about the accident on the radio.

I cant believe this has happened. So sorry Marco and family.

pps - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:43 PM

RIP Super Sic... You will be remembered 4 ever. U made motogp interesting with ur funny character.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »