MotoGP » Tributes paid to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli

"I was very impressed by his speed, talent and determination... Marco Simoncelli's qualities reminded me of Gilles Villeneuve and now, fate has chosen to link them in this tragic fashion" - Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari President.

who said that

October 23, 2011 1:43 PM

#58 RIP Marco

we will all feel the loss of the Super SIC but none more than Valentino, watching the telecast I think Rossi may have known Marco was gone, I have never seen him look so desolate during his ride back to the pits.

marco was a very good friend of Rossi and Valentino often said Marco was the one to watch in the future his talent was boundless.

I just hope this tragedy does not weigh too heavily on him

wlrone - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:44 PM

What a terrible day for MotoGp..RIP Simo, you was a star and we will remember you.

Nobody - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:46 PM

I believe this question has to be asked, why the helmet came off?

stonehead - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 1:59 PM

@nobody
maybe either Colin or Rossi hit Simo's helmet in very hi-speed so the belt broke. anyway miss you simo! you're very fun person

Catherine - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 2:21 PM

Apparently one of the bikes hit the back of Marco's head, knocking the helmet off. So you can imagine how hard that hit was :-(

R Sturt - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 2:25 PM

Marco was the most exciting rider in GP and he showed the most promise. People said he crashed too much but simply a case I pushing a customer machine to its limits. Great hair, great skill and a loss to the world of sport.

fastlane66 - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 2:25 PM

I'm still numb. It was big shocked when I changed back to Moto GP within seconds then I saw Marco was lying motionless on track. I was speechless and my eyes fill up with tear.
Just within seconds, Marco was gone. I wished it was in dream and it's not true.
RIP Marco, rest in peace. God be with you.

Craig - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 2:34 PM

Once more we loose a great rider who excited us and never gave in or up,sympatHy to those who loved him,if there is a bikers heaven then another champ has knocked the door to be let in.heavens highway gains another great rider and joins the grEats that have passed before him,what "joey" will think of his hairstyle god only knows,R.I.P Marco

cassyo

October 23, 2011 2:44 PM

Marco Simoncelli was not only a rising star, yet his way through MotoGP world has strenghtend its colours and rised the audience's passion as well.Remembering at this point Shoya Tomizawa, it's hard to ignore that both passed the way in the very year of a promising ascent.Maybe a due tribute to Marco in the races to come, would be only fair judgements here for all these riding heroes, in which the hate and insults should find no way to enter. We owe him such !
RIP Marco dear !Forever young as most of heroes !

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »