MotoGP » Tributes paid to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli

"I was very impressed by his speed, talent and determination... Marco Simoncelli's qualities reminded me of Gilles Villeneuve and now, fate has chosen to link them in this tragic fashion" - Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari President.

yunus - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 2:48 PM

You wave to us on tv..didn't know that was your last goodbye..my heart's & thoughts are with your family & friends.. ciao super sic

melissa - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 2:58 PM

even thought i am 12 he was already my hero and u haved watchd every race he was in he will always live on in our hearts
MARCO SIMONCELLI R.I.P.

Ashley pead - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 3:18 PM

Such a great loss to the sport, always entertaining to watch, brilliant talent and guts!! Will be sorely missed. R.I.P marco, thoughts are with family, friends and fans xx

Martin - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 3:18 PM

My stomach turned immediately watching the race, tears in my eyes as I read the news. I've followed Marco for many years and now he is gone. RIP Super Sic. #58 will forever be your number...

Asif - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 3:24 PM

Very sad, cannot shake this awful feeling.....We will all miss you Marco. Like Bellof, Tomizawa & Nakai you have left us all way before your time... RIP Marco

rip - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 3:28 PM

such a loss. An incredible, fearless rider who was never afraid to go for the overtake and the win.
I always looked forward to seeing him on the track and the excitement he brought to racing.
2012 wont be the same without him. rip

mcarrogant

October 23, 2011 3:28 PM

been watching simo since 2002 been a fan ever since its so hard to understand someone ive followed and been a fan of for 9 years is gone!

RIP SIMO!

srik - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 3:35 PM

1994 was a tragic year, in which i saw the top f1 talent passed away. 2011 is another worst year. Motogp's rising talent is gone within a week of 2 time indy champion wheldon.

very bad month. very tragic.

RIP Marco