MotoGP » Tributes paid to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli

"I was very impressed by his speed, talent and determination... Marco Simoncelli's qualities reminded me of Gilles Villeneuve and now, fate has chosen to link them in this tragic fashion" - Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari President.

Koei - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 5:12 PM

Seeing his helmet fly and seeing his girlfriend burst in tears seconds after the accendent made me realize this was very serious, and i felt sick inside and it broke my heart, by far the accident that made the most impression on me.

RIP Marco Simoncelli

mm - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 5:14 PM

I feel haunted by seeing the young lady in Marco's pit crying seconds after the impact and that look Rossi made over his left shoulder. He knew. Ciao Marco Simoncelli. You will be sorely missed.

Liam48

October 23, 2011 5:18 PM

I still can't believe this has happened... my blood ran cold when he crashed and I feared the worst when I saw his helmet rolling along the track. Seeing the marshalls and Colin staring at him lying on the track. How must Valentino and Colin be feeling? They can't blame themselves because they had no where to go... it was one of the worst things I've seen... I hope this doesn't affect Colin and Valentino in their racing. Marco you'll be sadly missed and I miss you already, you were brilliant to watch and a true character, we'll miss your hair and your #58 but most of all your presence in MotoGP... your legend will live on... my prayers are with his family... R.I.P. Super Sic

Luke - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 5:21 PM

Great tributes from fellow racers! R.I.P. MARCO!

Maurice

October 23, 2011 5:38 PM

I'm not a "fan" of any given rider, I consider myself to be a fan of bike racing. ALL the riders are heroes and I admire each and every one of them.

Having said that, I always had and always will have a special place in my heart for Marco Simoncelli.

I've run out of words it's too hard to describe what I'm feeling right now.

RIP

CrApPy DaYs - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 5:48 PM

DAMN.......Today's been so hard! Still breakin down like a baby......WOW TOO SAD :'(

leehigh - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 6:13 PM

Godspeed Marco. I will miss your spirit. Such a true talent. Thoughts and prayers go to his family. I have moving more to say.

BeOnEdge

October 23, 2011 6:17 PM

I am an out and out Rossifan, but watching Marco was the highlight of most MotoGP weekends. He was a star rider with an amazing talent. He was certain to have been MotoGP champion sooner rather than later.

Sad to see the comments by one member on here, but thankfully the majority of supporters, irrespective of who they support are being respectful and proud of a great ambassador, sadly lost to our sport.

sbkfan - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 6:29 PM

r.i.p Marco, a real racer and a champion.

Like all things in life whatever gives us the massives highs/joys.... is also capable of giving us the heavy lows and pains of life. In our motorsport bubble this is as low as it gets.

No doubt that if any of us could ride a bike like he could, and knowing what happened today could happen again.... We would be on that start line given the chance.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »