MotoGP » Tributes paid to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli

"I was very impressed by his speed, talent and determination... Marco Simoncelli's qualities reminded me of Gilles Villeneuve and now, fate has chosen to link them in this tragic fashion" - Luca di Montezemolo, Ferrari President.

1motion

October 23, 2011 6:33 PM

dan wheldon last week now marco.... very sad times for the motorsport world, two young talented racers gone within as many weeks.... RIP Sic

stev - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 6:53 PM

a vary vary sad day for motogp & a rider that will be missed so much in the padack & on track

RIP Marco simoncelli

bri t

October 23, 2011 7:05 PM

Nice to see tributes coming from different motorsport fields. Although some felt he was sometimes too hard charging he was recognised widely as a genuine talent.

I have the race recorded and feel the only way I can pay him tribute is to watch his last race. I do not know if I will watch past lap 1.

I would like to see a real tribute to the guy. I did one for Craig Jones I put on Youtube (the 3 part video). I would hope I can go there next week and see a real tribute that celebrated his life and not death scene after death scene. One of the nicest compliments I got was it ended the way it should have - on his bike. This is what I hope for.

Rest in peace.

trevor - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 7:22 PM

i have just seen this and i cannot tell all how sad this makes me i am 55 yrs old and i am in tears this man was a rider. i am a rossi follower but Marco was a real racer and the sport will be poorer without him what a shock R.I.P. Marco we will miss you

Suzy buck - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 7:26 PM

Marco I have met you a couple of times and you were a star not only on the track but on it as well what a sad loss rest in peace

dan - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 7:29 PM

Carl Fogarty:
"Devastated to hear that Marco Simoncelli has died... the guy was a breath of fresh air in MotoGP.. Can't believe it."

could not agree more.+1

Mary - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 7:39 PM

Glad I didn't wake up early this morning to watch the live feed. So thankful to not have what must have been a horrific crash in my mind. Now I can can always remember his determination and tenacity - a quick smile and that crazy hair. A fighter and true racer...MotoGP, its fans, and all who knew Marco will sorely miss him.

RIP SuperSic

JOHN - Unregistered

October 23, 2011 7:41 PM

one of the most exciing riders in moto gp, the sport will be poorer for the sad loss of an exciting rider who made moto gp great to watch a sad loss RIP 58

YamahaGYTR

October 23, 2011 7:51 PM

Tragic death I feel so sorry for his team boss Fausto Gresini he has now lost two of his riders in unfortunate circumstances such a sad loss for our sport the paddock will never be the same again heart goes out to his family at this very sad time.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »