MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: Simoncelli was like a brother

"Sic for me was like a youngest brother. So strong on track and so sweet in the normal life. I will miss him a lot" - Valentino Rossi.

Mice Nuts - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 1:06 AM

I want this person who disagreed to explain him/herself. When this happened Valentino was just a passenger, there was no time to react, there was no distance to do anything. I tried to imagine if I ran over my friend what would that mean for me and my mind refused in horror. I've been on these forums as a critic of Rossi, but this has nothing to do with it.
Be strong, Valentino, you have years left in racing, put all this behind you and good luck.

billie_morini - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 1:17 AM

it is indeed a tragedy. Rossi's comments resonate with me. I had a brother like that, too, once. We nearly lost him on motorbikes, but it was an automobile several years that got him. Right when his star was beginning to burn brightly at a young age, just like Marco.

Rossigirl

October 24, 2011 1:37 AM

I have bee crying all day and I feel so lost. Unfathomable to even begin to imagine how those who know and love him are feeling right now. 1000x worse.

Of all my friends and family I am the only one who follows GP racing. No one to talk to or cry with over this tragedy because they won't understand. Gutted.

Hurts so bad.

long live Super Sic - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 1:48 AM

Rossi had been one of the first riders to praise Simoncelli's desire to win.

"Going into a duel with him is like going into a fight with someone bigger than you," Rossi said. "You know he's going to take you."

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 2:38 AM

Truly a tragic day. Can't believe the violence of the accident. I watched it several times and in the normal speed, there absolutely was no way either Colin nor Vale could have avoided Sic. In slow motion it was even more brutal and to see Sic's helmet rolling up next to Colin.....it looked really bad. Even not knowing Sic was fatally injured....it looked horrible. Maybe at Valencia it would be proper to have Valentino ride Sic's spare bike in reverse direction around the track as US dirt trackers do in tribute? Just like the tribute to Gary Nixon at Indy. Anyone else think so?

SHEENE7

October 24, 2011 2:42 AM

With the year Rossi has had and now this very tragic accident resulting in the death of his close friend,it wouldn't shock me if Rossi announced his decision to retire from racing especially as he was unfortunately involved in the accident.You wouldn't blame him if he did.

TagoyKolokoy

October 24, 2011 3:18 AM

Couldn't sleep last night. Never thought I would feel bad about the death of someone I don't personally know. Tragic loss of life. Was it worth it? I don't know. Win it or bin it? Not at a cost of someone's life. RIP Marco. My deepest sympathy to your family and friends.

Mac - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 3:22 AM

I couldnt watch live the race so i was going to watch replay in the morning. Before i did my dad and my brother sent me a messages that Marco has died i couldnt believe it i thought it was a bad dream.
After i saw the accident i couldnt stop crying i cant believe and cant stop thinking about it.
I cant imagine what his family and Vale and Colin are going throug:((((((

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »