MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: Simoncelli was like a brother

"Sic for me was like a youngest brother. So strong on track and so sweet in the normal life. I will miss him a lot" - Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

pikey46 - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 9:49 AM

R.I.P Super Sic..

Thoughts are with your family, friends and team.

Rossi and Colin, very best wishes in getting through this horrendous time.
It is so clear that neither of you could do anything about it, but that will not lessen the guilt you will undoubtably feel. So so sorry for all involved.

#58 - ride easy big guy.

clementito - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:04 AM

When I woke up this morning, I still couldn't believe that SuperSic had passed away. He certainly was a flamboyant character, a sort of an heir to Rossi.
What a disaster that his best friend had to be involved in his death.
R.I.P. #58

Jacinta - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:07 AM

RIP beautiful boy. Lost far too soon. To Vale and Colin I hope and pray that you truly see there was NOTHING you could do. You are the second and third victims of this tragic accident. Vale - do you honestly think Marco would want you to retire? I think we all know what Marco would want you to do. With #58 riding pillion #46 will take him to the heights he so badly wanted to reach. God Bless Vale and Godspeed Marco!
Prayers for Marco's parents and family, team, and friends. And special prayers for Vale and Colin. RIP super Sic.

Stuart Andrew - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 12:17 PM

"What a rider Sic was, he was the future of MotoGP. I wish he would have low sided and not tried to recover, he would have still been alive. It's so sad to seem him go."

From the looks of it the bike regripped before he had chance to fully lowside, if he'd have just let go he would have been in danger as he was 4th, if he let go he'd have been lying in the track with other bikes behind. In the situation i think he did the right thing and it's such a shame he collided with other bikes.

wlrone - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 12:21 PM

RIP Marco..We will all miss you and for Valentino, it was a tragic accident there was nothing you could do to avoid hitting SIC. Be strong and we all love you

Grannie Jane - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 1:50 PM

Rossi is heartbroken and so are we.
There are pictures of Marco everywhere. It tears me up to look at them. I just keep thinking about what we have lost. As a person I think he was brave (that goes without saying), but he was modest with it - no strutting and swagger. He was genuinely bemused by his super-star reception by the crowd at Silverstone's Day of Champions. He was honest - what you saw was what you got. He was happy when he did well not superior.

I'll miss that smile and wave from the pits and that nervous blink.

I must stop. It is too upsetting.

jack - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 4:20 PM

this is a very sad day for moto gp, many riders and fans say he is reckless and dangerous but i say that is what makes a true champion, the question is not if he will ever be a moto gp champion, the question is when.... super sic i will miss u

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »