MotoGP » Brivio: Rossi will not retire

"Many are asking about Vale stopping races. This [is] absolutely [not] true" - Davide Brivio.

Tbone - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:29 AM

I hope this is true, but until I hear the news from Vale himself I would take this with a pinch of salt. Rossi and Edwards must be going through hell right now to make a decision on their future.

Rest in Peace Marco. Never forget you

dpenno

October 24, 2011 10:35 AM

My first thought was that he'd retire and he may well. However this may be a real motivator for Rossi, at a time where his motivation may be waning. One more title dedicated to his great mate?

RIP Marco, we never got to see you at your best in MotoGp, I'm sure that you would of been a real challenger for the title in years to come.

leonidas - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:35 AM

simo would want him to continue doing what he loves.. racing..

but it would be soo tough for rossi next year at sepang.. a track where he has had so much success.. yet.. now has a terrible memory of..

RIP sic..

dinga - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:36 AM

You may not like Rossi as I certainly don't but he has just been involved in a life altering accident like Edwards.

This goes way beyond our usual scraps on Crash and I feel really sorry for him and Colin.

If he or Colin ever did feel like retiring I would understand completely....but maybe it will be for the best if both do ride again to try and get past it.

It was just a horrendous trgedy for both of them with nowhere to go.

All the best wishes to you both.

who said that

October 24, 2011 10:39 AM

Managers hate to lose their cash cows so I am not surprised to see this statement.

The truth is no one really knows where Vale head is at, suffice to say he is not in a good place and I suspect there will be much soul searching prior to the start of next season

Mac1 - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:42 AM

Well that's the first bit of good news I've heard in the last 48 hours!

Let's hope this is true because losing Valentino
Simultaneously would change MotoGP for ever.:(

Good luck #46. I hope you come back inspired for your friend and this horrible tragedy inspires more race wins for you.

Still so sad about yesterday I can't believe it

CANADIAN FAN - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:52 AM

Wife asks me why Val would keep putting his life on the line racing when he has no need to, he has won championships, enough money to last 1000 lifetimes. He could bow out and put this danger behind him. But racing his his passion, he knows as Sic knew that everytime you throw a leg over the bike it may be the last but they accept that risk. I'm not suprised he will keep racing but wouldn't think any less of him if he chose not to

Don-R

October 24, 2011 11:09 AM

I didn't really expect that Valentino would consider retirement over this, and nor do I think Marco would have wanted him to. Most racers make that deal with risk and possible tragedy when they choose to go racing in the first place.

Colin may need to do more soul searching though. He has a wife and kids who've just seen him injured in a fatal accident. And he's nearing retirement age anyway. It's a potent reminder of the dangers involved in eking out extra years on a career. Not an easy decision for him to make given all the circumstances.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »