MotoGP » Brivio: Rossi will not retire

"Many are asking about Vale stopping races. This [is] absolutely [not] true" - Davide Brivio.

Smithy - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 11:12 AM

I don't think you can take too seriously anything a riders manager says in this sort of situation. He's just trying to squash any rumours before they start, I highly doubt that statement is based on anything Vale said to him.

I know they will be feeling terrible, but there certainly was nothing either could possibly to do avoid the accident.

I hope we can't loose any other riders over this though I think if any decide to hang up the boot, it might be Casey.

Nick636

October 24, 2011 11:31 AM

@ Dinga

Well said. I'm not a Rossi fan, but you have to feel for him.
If ever there WAS a reason to quit, I'd see this as one.
I hope him and Colin pull through this ok. As well as Marco's family.

Good luck to all involved.

studs

October 24, 2011 11:37 AM

Good post Don-R... and I'll add that the majority of racers are generally wired differently in their attitude to risk, competition, motivation and their overall life philosophy than the vast majority of people... and the further up the class, these traits are amplified accordingly.

While it's natural for the masses to imbue how they would feel and what they would do if they were involved, many will be somewhat wide of the mark of what's really going inside the heads of Rossi and Edwards... let's just wait and see...

And ace, shame? WTF??? Shame on you!

Ondrej - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 11:47 AM

I think Valentino knows that if he wants to pay tribute to his friend he needs to get back on track and start winning again. If it is in Gresini colors next season then it is even better.

Don-R

October 24, 2011 12:12 PM

Just on Gresini, Fausto has now announced that the team is pulling out of both the Valencian GP and the following test. There's even some doubt whether the team will continue at all, because sponsors San Carlo were involved directly due to their belief in Marco. At any rate, it sounds like Valencia is going to be a very sad and subdued event, with a very small grid.

Liam48

October 24, 2011 12:15 PM

I asked Brivio this question on Twitter last night and I'm glad he replied quickly and made me look like a fool and confirmed he would keep fighting. At this time we need Valentino in the sport along with everyone that has competed all year. It would be great to see him winning consistantly again for Marco. The beat tribute he can give Marco and probably will be the best tribute is if Rossi can win in Valencia. Love Rossi or hate him I think most people would love to see him win for his friend Marco.

ENRICO - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 12:16 PM

46/58
Would not be nice if Rossi, rode the second half of his career with that on his back.

And THE WINNER IS 46/58
VALENTINO ROSSI.

Che cosa ne pensi Valentino?

Ciao