MotoGP » Brivio: Rossi will not retire

"Many are asking about Vale stopping races. This [is] absolutely [not] true" - Davide Brivio.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Fred - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 4:40 PM

The sport has not experienced such a big loss in a great many years. It would be a shame if we were to also lose Valentino from racing, especially under such unfortunate circumstances, but it is his decision and he doesn't have anything to prove anymore.

hoppy

October 24, 2011 4:50 PM

Valentino Rossi is a professional motorcycle racer and accepts the fact that his chosen profession is likely to result in serious injury or possible death.He,like his fellow riders know this and accept it.The tragic death of Marco is bound to have an affect on Val on a personal level.Hell,they were close friends.But he will not quit the sport because of it and i think it is fair to say that Marco would like Val to carry on too.

CrApPy DaYs - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 5:12 PM

People should stop assuming and leave vale and colin be!

Adorning a black duke or leathers and #58 somewhere in view would be a fitting gesture to the late great Marco Simoncelli from his closest motogp/private friend/brother Valenino Rossi.

besides he was Super Sic's idol after all! May god rest his soul.

Finally leaving #1 grid spot vacant and maybe even the top spot of the podium too would be a very very fitting gesture indeed? (just a thought?)

SwissJudge

October 24, 2011 5:28 PM

Rossi is my number 1 rider. Simo was also equal number 1. Whatever Rossi decides to do he has my full support. For a guy who relies on the front end to work well Rossi has done a good job with the Ducati.

Rossi tends to focus even more when the chips are realy down. Thats the way he is. But this s..t that is happeneing now? Who knows.

One of the truly good guys died young. Marco had a kind of innocence and strength that is hard to find in life. And I think that was one of the traits that attracted Rossi to him.

I am shocked by the loss of Marco. In the same way that I was shocked when I lost my father when I was a teenager...and friends as a result of road accidents. I guess the thrill gives us the full experience of life... I know others have also experienced this too so I am not special or alone with my feelings.

Why do the good die young? Why?

I am sorry about these words but it is just how I feel.

steg - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 6:08 PM

Rossi saw something in that crash that affected him profoundly and immediately. He was sat up looking around well before the red flags were out and on his return to the pits his head was held low. I think he already knew the horrible truth of the situation.

To lose someone close to you is one thing, but to be involved at such close-quarters is something very different. I think it will be a while before he is in any fit state to think rationally about his future.

RIP Marco

wlrone - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 6:59 PM

2011 was a bad year for Rossi and motogp. Last year was not bad and 2009 was a good year for Rossi and motogp. Let give a space for Valentino to adjust life after the terrible accident. RIP Marco and we will never forget you..

Nar Singh - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 7:14 PM

We all love Marco and he'll continue to live in our memories.

Having watched the replay on the tube a number of times, Rossi did well to avoid a direct accident. The video footage shows Rossi starting to sit up coming out of the corner and pull hard on the lever to take his bike rightwards, thus avoiding Marco and Colin and only hitting the screen from Marco's Honda that flew across the tarmac after the impact with Colin. This happened in a split second. Those who've been in an accident often recall the moment in detail as if it happened in slow motion.

The guys were accelerating hard exiting the corner and very very unfortunately Marco was caught under his Honda from the low-side and sliding on the tarmac left to right across the track. After crying, being sad, being angry, and now sober,*** EDIT by CRASH.NET removed speculation ***. Rossi was behind Colin and wouldn't have had full sight of the lo

Worsethanoob - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 7:14 PM

I would not blame either vale or colin for considering retirement,after all neither have anything to prove,least of all rossi.my feeling however is that they will both return next season.obviously colin wont race at valencia but i think vale will and true to his very respectful character will make a tribute to his friend marco.
I also feel that future victories will be dedicated to sic as well.
In no small way rossi and all of the riders have changed tracks and regs to benefit rider safety in the last few years of the sport but no provision can be made for such a freak accident.
Personally i have felt since the advent of the 800s,introduced because the 1000s were considered too fast/dangerous that the greater corner speed of a more nimble bike would present a greater danger to the rider
Whatever marco was too young and talented to lose RIP super sic

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »