MotoGP » Brivio: Rossi will not retire

"Many are asking about Vale stopping races. This [is] absolutely [not] true" - Davide Brivio.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

YamahaGYTR

October 24, 2011 9:27 PM

I seriously doubt it he will retire following what happened like I say I must imagine the grief both Vale and Colin are going through following the incident.

Vale is one of the ambassadors for this sport and him retiring the sport will lose interest.

ZI - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 9:46 PM

I hope Vale rides in Valencia but my worry is that since both him and Sic are with same points he might not wish to by-pass him...just a guess.

RIP Sic....you will be missed

CMD66 - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:24 PM

I cannot comprehend what emotions are running through Rossi & Edwards' minds right now. It was an avoidable race incident, but nonetheless, they will be replaying it in their minds, as well as seeing replays on TV.
I hope both riders return, I hope it does not affect them, their passion for it, but I cannot help but relate to Andrew Pitt/Craig Jones and think that, it takes along time for you to feel comfortable riding in close contest to other riders.
I think a lot of soul searching is going on and no-one can say for sure what the end result will be.
I am sure both riders would dedicate any race win/podium place to Sic next year.
My heart goes out to all who knew him/rode with him.

Mysh - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 10:32 PM

My daughter who is now 6 has had pictures of marko on her wall for 4 years. Telling her what happened wasn't the easiest think I've ever had to do.

An hour later she asked when her motocross bike would be fixed as it's half term

Racers put things to the back of their minds and maddie reminded me of this.

Both Colin and vale are professional racers and I can't see them retiring. They will never forget but they will get on with it.

I thank my little girl for reminding of this.

BambangBikeRider

October 24, 2011 10:32 PM

C'mon guys... do you (people who support Rossi's retirement) secretly think Rossi has no more hope in winning another World Championship?!

It's just one single year on a difficult bike!!!

If he retires, then we'll miss the chance to witness another or two more championships he might win.

Bigglen - Unregistered

October 24, 2011 11:05 PM

Some good news at last. I feel sick and a tear comes every time I think about it so God knows what you and Colin are going through. No one can blame either of you there was no way out. As I said in Colins thread, use the love and support from the motorsport world and use it to recover swiftly from this terrible time. I know Marco was your bro. Rest in peace Marco.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »