MotoGP » Rossi emphatically denies quit rumours

Valentino Rossi says he will not be retiring from competition in the wake of the accident that claimed the life of Marco Simoncelli.

ferret .

October 25, 2011 10:53 AM

Whatever decision Colin and Valentino would of made on their future, would have been respected either way!
That must be nasty, what Colin and Valentino are going through right now.
Go on Valentino, go out there and race in memory of your dear friend Marco #58 and make him proud and known that he will be never be forgotten by us all!
RIP Marco #58

Tbone - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 11:48 AM

Thats the best news we've had in the last couple of days. Hopefully Colin will decide to stay on. He will be invaluable to his new team next year.

PeacockPaish - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 12:01 PM

Too old and too rich,what the hell.
Maybe he doesn't want to retire at 32,i wouldn't...
If rossi truly loves motorcycle racing, it's already been proven you can be competitive up to about 40....

Stuart - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 12:10 PM

That actually surprised me, I predicted he'd retire.

Just proves that these guys are heroes. All of them. And as much as you may like or dislike riders they all deserve respect.

motofanatica

October 25, 2011 12:12 PM

I don't see anything wrong or weird or unusual in Valentino not wanting to show his emotions in public. It only happened two days ago,Marco was one of his closest friends and he was directly involved in the incident. I would look for privacy as well if that happened to me.

Liam48 - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 12:13 PM

It's good to hear this from the man himself. I must admit I was worried he would retire after Valencia after I read Steve Parish's BBC column. Losing Marco was bad enough but losing Rossi would be a huge loss to MotoGp too they are a couple of the biggest talents in MotoGP and the two biggest characters, MotoGP won't be the same without Marco and it would be wear is Rossi left. He's only 32 and he probably loves the sport more than most otter riders so I think he would like to retire on his own terms. Hopefully this will motivate him to win and ring the neck of that Ducati, I think if he races at Valencia he'll go all out for the win for Marco and I think most people would like tonsee that happen as Marco was so close to him. I can't imagine how distraught he must be and Colin and I hope they get the right support and they both come back stronger than before. I hope Valentino can win another championship for Marco. Thanks for the memories Marco... Gone but never forgotten.

paullec - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 12:26 PM

Some of these journalist are like vultures, waiting at the airport to ask trival questions when his just got off the plane after what happened. The mind boggles.

Alison - Unregistered

October 25, 2011 12:29 PM

I agree, Liam48. I hope that Rossi can remain strong through this tragic time. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Marco, Colin and Rossi. #58 you will always be a star in my eyes.

iusedtobesleepy

October 25, 2011 12:39 PM

As seems to be usual on forums, people make statements as fact without seemingly ever reading said article.
'My first thoughts - and this is absolutely my own gut feeling - are that Rossi could now retire. I know he will be mortified by Marco's death. They were close friends and had been for a long, long time.'

As written on BBC by Steve Parrish 2 days ago. At no point does he state this is fact, he even goes as far as saying it is his own gut feeling and also his first thoughts???? Also notice the use of the word 'could'
Get your facts straight before launching an attack on someone who also personally knew Marco Simoncelli ans was also obviously in shock too.

iusedtobesleepy

October 25, 2011 12:46 PM

Whilst I have to agree some journalists are like vultures. Just ask your self the following questions. Who are they getting the information for? Why are we all on this forum trying to find out more? and just who do we suppose will publish the information we all crave?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »